WHAT'S UP WITH THE POINTS SYSTEM?

WHAT'S UP WITH THE POINTS SYSTEM?

•  

Saw the previous post regarding the new points and just don't understand what is going on.

I never previously received just 1 point for comment on a post/thread.

Currently have 3829 points and 627 posts but at 1 point per comment the math is certainly out of wack.

At 1 point per comment I'd be looking at another 2171 posts to reach 6000 and therefore FJA status and have noticed that  many existing Ambassadors with nowhere near that number of posts.

I figure at 3-5 comments a day that'd be 18 months minimum.

Of course could enter every future comment as a post/thread for the 5 points rather than 1 but that doesn't  seems like the way discussions are meant to happen.

OZ-Crocman

•  

Crock, they are trying to generate quality over quantity. The way you participate you will be just fine. Don't get discouraged.  There are other ways to get points, register products, do a review of products buy MyJoys....

But don't give up!

•  

Paul G
    Crock, they are trying to generate quality over quantity. The way you participate you will be just fine. Don't get discouraged.  There are other ways to get points, register products, do a review of products buy MyJoys....

But don't give up!

exactily Paul but Crocman you can do it but it will just take a little bit longer

•  

Croc, I agree that 1 point is ridiculous.  One thing I do note is that those working up to Ambassador status post like crazy, anything and anyway. But after they become an Ambassador the posts start to trail off.  I am guilty of this as are quite a few others. There is a core group that is always here.

•  

Working towards Ambassador status myself but don't really consider the points per post. However, I agree that 1 point per post comment is not sufficient for the related time and energy...Once an Ambassador there should be a monthly post requirment to maintain that status versus the' fly by' that seems to happen.....

•  

We are having a call to discuss the point system this week.  

Best,

DG

• 1495 points

I agree that the points system is messed up, but part of their theory could be to keep people around longer instead of those people who are just here to make ambassador status and leave, make them stay a while and use the sight for what its intended for.

•  

i understand how it can be frustrating.  but i think FJ needs to focus on making sure they get "quality" ambassadors.  posting like crazy and then leaving after becoming an ambassador doesn't help anyone.  so anything they can do to make the community better and of higher quality, is in all of our best interests.

• 433 points

I understand why they are doing it but it's going to take forever to get to Ambassador status.  I just hope I don't get discouraged in the mean time.

•  

tdogg21
    i understand how it can be frustrating.  but i think FJ needs to focus on making sure they get "quality" ambassadors.  posting like crazy and then leaving after becoming an ambassador doesn't help anyone.  so anything they can do to make the community better and of higher quality, is in all of our best interests.

This ^

Well said Tim.  The goal is to create a loyal and passionate group that is here for the right reasons.  I think it's spot on.  Plus even if you make FJA status but disappear were you really here at all?  :-)

•  

csassone13
    I understand why they are doing it but it's going to take forever to get to Ambassador status.  I just hope I don't get discouraged in the mean time.

Welcome!

Most likely, if you like being here, it would be half way through Ambassadorship.  If you post and start topics you like and have others' interested in it, you get to enjoy and converse with who are here in the site.  Also, if you read an interesting topic and participate in it or post your opinions about it, everyone gets to know and enjoy your thoughts.

Other than that, there really isn't any reason to worry about the points. . . not unless anyone is in a hurry.

When I started here, I passed a few guys/gals in points ranking right away, not because I wanted to do that or were in a hurry-- although it might have look like so to many-- sorry, not the case here.  I was just excited and thought I had a lot of things to say.  (Or thought what I said were ok with all-- maybe not. lol)  Then at times, things get busy around the house, work, and golf itself, and (woops) I noticed some have passed me by.  But, oh well, big deal.  I'm still friends with whom I made friends with-- so no loss there...  If anything, I'm happy for anyone making it to Ambassador.

It really doesn't matter.  For me, what matters is that I belong to a group of great folks I care to read about golf topics and not having to think about the stripes I have on.  I care to learn about some of the best product like apparels, shoes. . . many things about golf along the way.  I guess I like to wear good quality products, and I also know this group of people are good because it is what I see at a place where I play golf.  

A few months ago, I first I thought I knew FootJoy, but now hindsight tells me I knew very little about it.  It's these guys, the FJAs and the STAFF, ok, some of the naturally connected with FootJoy are the ones who really know it and they are the ones who can help you with it.  Even so, there are so many new things coming out about each product or just the new product all together.  It's an on going thing.  

The title "Ambassador" is pretty big if you ask me.  I'm almost having to step on the brakes not to be one because when I ask my self about it, I should confidently say, I'm worthy of it.  But that's not the case. . . so much to know and learn.

Honestly, I just enjoy these group of folks being behind the scene. . . ok, maybe show up a little. . . ha ha ha. . . like a ghost?!  Yeah, sort of.  (lol)

Enjoy your stay!

•  

The motivation to continue to be part of the FJC has to be "more"..."Much More" than reaching status of FJA. Remember the reason of its existence is "community". To reach status means that the effort was provided and you probably enjoyed the discussions/comments and friendships.

• 2706 points

I understand the logic to tighten up the points,but the goal still has to be reasonable. I am sure their can be an adjustment that makes sense.

•  

csassone13

Don't get discouraged, you'll meet friends and attend local events in your area!

•  

miguelj20

I agree that the points system is messed up, but part of their theory could be to keep people around longer instead of those people who are just here to make ambassador status and leave, make them stay a while and use the sight for what its intended for.

This is the problem ^

Secondly I understand  the comments coming from the Ambassador's and I under stand Croc. As the System is now it will take 4 times as long as it did before if you follow a somewhat normal posting pattern. So if it took a year to make Ambassador it will now take 5 years. It's like playing golf on a course that starts out at 5000 yards and by the time you finish it's 20,000 yards.

I love this place though no matter what. I need the Ambassadors more then they need me.  Without them I would never be this close to my goal of becoming an Ambassador. I have met some great people who love golf like I do and love great  golf shoes like I do. Thank you for all your help and support.

I am not going anywhere :)