Chasing the dream

Chasing the dream

•  

Did anyone see the Chasing the Dream on Golf Chanell?

•  

no....and i've actually never heard of it.  what was it about?

•  

Missed it, but have it on the dvr to watch. Looks like an interesting show.

www.golfchannel.com/.../chasing-the-dream

•  

Good first episode,  it is a bout two guys trying to make it to the big show. One plebes on tour before but gave up for family, the other has a good track record as an Amature but made some wrong decissions. Definitely better than the homeless guy so far.

•  

that sounds really cool.  i'll have to find it on a repeat and record it.  that's great thing about the golf channel, they always repeat their shows.

•  

this is a show that i will watch but check if i am wrong but wasnt "shank" on the big break

•  

I watched it and found it to be very interesting. There is so much that goes into making the Tour that we don't know about so it will be cool to seem them go through that. One guy: Shank, was on the Big Break and owns a driving range but doesn't have much in the way of family keeping him from golf. The other guy (can't remember his name off top of my head maybe Mitch?) Has a good career and a family and just in the first show there are signs of golf stressing the family dynamic. Should make for interesting TV.

•  

Tuesday at 10 is next show.

•  

I guess I am rooting for Chris Anderson (on the right)because he wears Footjoy Icons. I am not sure though cause, he didn't seem to treat his family very well in the first episode.

•  

Wheelez3030
    this is a show that i will watch but check if i am wrong but wasnt "shank" on the big break

Shank was on Big Break: Bio - Many of you saw me on Golf Channel last year when I competed on Big Break Indian Wells.

-ICONs for ALL

•  

The irony in the Chris Anderson saga is that he made the decisioin to go back to being a Tour Pro and did not discuss with his wife or family!!!!

He just sprung it on them at his mother's birthday dinner (TADA!!!!! - How you like me now?) Immediate tension from that moment was evident. He may make the Tour but at the expense of losing his family (IMHO).

-ICONs for ALL

•  

He treated them fine, the wife is a drama queen and knew he would be working the taking the rest of his time getting ready to play. He did great in 03 making 370k. Must have some game.

•  

thomas alston iii
    Wheelez3030this is a show that i will watch but check if i am wrong but wasnt "shank" on the big break

Shank was on Big Break: Bio - Many of you saw me on Golf Channel last year when I competed on Big Break Indian Wells.

-ICONs for ALL

they didnt say that on the show that is why I ask

•  

thomas alston iii
    The irony in the Chris Anderson saga is that he made the decisioin to go back to being a Tour Pro and did not discuss with his wife or family!!!!

He just sprung it on them at his mother's birthday dinner (TADA!!!!! - How you like me now?) Immediate tension from that moment was evident. He may make the Tour but at the expense of losing his family (IMHO).

-ICONs for ALL

I'm sure the cameras positioned around the dinner table gave something away too.   The really awkward (staged) moment in the show came when Shank and Anderson "met" each other in California.  Two guys, alone on the course, with cameras rolling..."hey, want to play today..."

• 2771 points

I saw the ads for it.  The one guy's wife looked like mine would if I sprang that news on her.