Captain's Picks

Captain's Picks

•  

Dustin Johnson, Jim Furyk, Brandt Snedeker and Steve STricker. Love it!

•  
    Great stuff! How could you leave Brandt and DJ out after their recent performance.... Too bad Mahan and Watney didn't play more consistent as of late.
  •  

Not really a fan of the Furyk pick, but like the other three picks.  I would have taken Watney, Fowler, Bo Van Pelt or Mahan over Furyk.

Glad to see that Brandt got the nod.  The guy can make birdies and putt.

• 2628 points

Good choices. The U.S. will have a good team but Europe will be a tough challenge.

•  

Tough to leave of BVP .  He has been playing very well and is as consistent as any.

I'm not a fan of the DJ pick.

TT

• 4617 points

NOthing controversial here - Very mainstream picks and I think pretty easy for Davis to pick given that the competition for the wild card spots never really saw any last drama...US team looks well balanced and ready to go to Medinah and EXCEL.... 

•  

I think the picks are fine, but like some others, not a fan of DJ. Now we all wait and see.

•  

golfchick

Dustin Johnson, Jim Furyk, Brandt Snedeker and Steve STricker. Love it!

No surprises there!

-ICONs for ALL

•  

NO MAHAN,,,,,,,OUCH!!!!!

•  
    Not a fan of the Furyk pick, terrible individual record in RC, and not really playing that great, thought Mahan deserved the nod
  •  
    Bo over Dustin any day.... Ooh well it's done, go USA,
  •  

cwaybright
    Not a fan of the Furyk pick, terrible individual record in RC, and not really playing that great, thought Mahan deserved the nod

I agree Furyk played his way off this this team in the last month for sure.

•  

BVP was my sleeper but Love went with the "safe" picks. DJ has been playing really well of late and his distance will be an advantage.

• 689 points

Tough decision, but I like em'

•  

Selections round out the "auto quailifers" nicely.  Appears strength in putting, short game and recent overall play were determining factors. Furyk & Stricker will anchor the rookies in the team competition on and off the course....Should be exciting RC with 24 of 36 top ranked players in the world !