Any hardcore grinders among us?

Any hardcore grinders among us?

•  
    • Are you one the guys you see on the putting green over your lunch break in slacks and a tie?
    • Do you show up at the course at 6:00 AM to get in some range before you head to work?
    • Do you pick a day and just practice for hours?
    • I want to know what it's like for a day in the life of you...!

For me; it's a 6:00 AM range/putting session.  Fortunately, work is close to my club so I can shower and what not there.  I bring my suit and hang it in the locker until I am done for the day.  Range balls are in my locker in the morning (the guys have learned I am ALWAYS there, without fail). 

Then I am one who darts to the course directly after work for a quick 9 or 18 holes.

Long and short of it, I've lost my life to golf, but I wouldn't have it any other way!!

•  

I try to practice 2 mornings a week before the office. Usually just a short session, about 20 minutes, hitting short wedges.

After work, I generally hit balls for about 30 minutes and then play either 9 or 18.

Weekends at the course at 7:00, hit balls for 40 minutes, play 18 and then after lunch either play another 18 or hit the practice tee for about an hour.

Take Mondays off unless I play in a tournament.

•  

I am a grinder.  My friends are always making fun of me.  They tell me that I start grinding when I get in the car on the way to the club.  I go to Golfsmith on my lunch break and roll putts.  I even set up a net in the cold storage shed and hit balls while at work.

I eat, sleep, and breathe golf.  If you ain't grindin' you ain't playin'.

Tim

•  

Dude, you are hardcore.  I've got three little kids - I sleep in my spare time.  But, I do get a few rounds in a week (early morning on the weekends before anyone is up in the house) and one afternoon during the week if I'm lucky.

•  

tim6918

I am a grinder.  My friends are always making fun of me.  They tell me that I start grinding when I get in the car on the way to the club.  I go to Golfsmith on my lunch break and roll putts.  I even set up a net in the cold storage shed and hit balls while at work.

Tim

And I thought that I spent a lot of time on my game, you make me look like a lightweight!

•  

Hit balls in the cold storage shed!  I love it, at least you won't get hot!

Grind away my friend.

•  

For me it's straight from work to the course, every day without fail until I run out of daylight....some days it's to play, some to just practice, but I'm you guys - totally lost in golf!

•  

19hole

tim6918

Tim

And I thought that I spent a lot of time on my game, you make me look like a lightweight!

Got to get it in sometime.  When I get to the course in the afternoon I would rather play then just beat balls all afternoon.  My daily routine has done me some good.  I could probably use a little more range time in the afternoon, but again, I would rather play.

Tim

•  

Ask my Wife and she will tell you I am hardcore but I don't think it is to bad. Rolling putts in the family room after the kids are in bed, practicing wedge in the yard, go to the range when ever possible. I have 3 kids as well and luckily all 3 enjoy the game, with the oldest (9y) actually turning in to a grinder himself. It is a lot easier to get out to play when it is a family affair.

•  

Putting in the family room is a timeless classic.  I think they have been doing that since the 1800s... I am surprised at how hardcore some of us are... I thought I was bad but some of you have me beat.  I guess I just have a "schedule" that I make sure I keep.  Even weekends... no time for rest, I have time for plenty of that when I'm dead!

•  

I work at a golf course and when I am not working at the golf course I am usually their hanging out.  My friends make fun of me because I am always golfing.  I always seem to speed when I am on the way to the golf course.  I just love playing golf and being at the course.

Caddy13

•  

We are all pea's in a pod here.  All addicted and all trying to get as much as we can and never enough.

Glad to hear I am not a freak! :)

•  

You think you are a grinder now, just wwait til you retire like me. My wife swears that she is a golf widow. Before we moved to this newarea, on the course by 6:30 AM and usually 18 holes. Putt in the sun room when not doing anyting important. Now that we have moved I am not quite as agressive, but still make it to the range at least 4 times a week and golf three to 4 times a week. And I am still taking lessons.

•  

I don't know if I'd consider myself a grinder, but I think about golf all of the time.  I try to practice later in the evening at a course close to my home but don't have the luxury of club privileges.

With 2 kids under 3 its tough to get out, but I have a pretty understanding wife that lets me practice after doing daddy duty.

•  

There are some really hard core answers here...

I practice in the afternoons once I'm done with work. Would love to go before work, but I'm an earlybird to work so I can get out ASAP. I will stop at a local course pretty much most evenings (at least 4 times a week) to putt on the practice green. I can do that for a couple hours and it helps my game more than beating balls for the same amount of time.

My only "grinder" attribute is that I had a putting green installed when I finished my basement. Allows me to practice putting all year round. Trust me, when it's snowing like crazy here in Michigan, nothing is better than putting for a few hours and dreaming about warm sunny days!