Club Fitting

Club Fitting

•  

I think a person is foolish if they dont take advantage of getting custom fit for any new clubs they buy.  Most places dont charge for it if you buy clubs from them so you have nothing to lose.  There is no better feeling then finding the right combo of shaft and head when fitting a driver and seeing the results and the look on their face.

•  

Chris, on this subject of fitting. As we get older, can clubs be readjusted to your game, or does it require a new set for proper fitting?? Let's face it, we don't have the mobility or power we once had and this subject came up just yesterday.

•  

Clubs can be modified during their life. The loft and lie angles can be adjusted (within reason) and the shafts can be changed.

If your game/swing changes that much, it usually will not happen quickly. It is a many year process. If your clubs are more than 3 years old, it may be time for a change anyway. Go for a new fitting and see what is out there. You never know, you may find something that you like a lot better than what you have in the bag!

•  

It is much easier to fit your clubs to you than fit you to your clubs. Also cheaper especially if you place a few bets every now and then

•  

19hole, Thanks for the info. Will  probably look into both avenues. Wife still can't always see new clubs. I have only bought 5 sets in our time together and the last set  was won at a tournament. That was 4 years ago. You would think that after 47+ yrs. she would get used to it.

•  

I've was fitted for my irons in the past and continue to use the same specs (loft, lie, 1 degree flat) so that from a psychological standpoint I am comfortable knowing these clubs are right for me.

I've experimented with different lengths of putter until I found the length I like and am comfortable with.

Since this game is so psychological, being comfortable with your equipment can make a huge difference in your game.

•  

How much does it cost approximately to get fit and then have your current irons bent, if necessary?  I should probably do that.