Annika's back -- but behind the mic

Annika's back -- but behind the mic

•  

Annika Sorenstam will make her debut as a color analyst this weekend at the U.S. Women's Open at Blackwolf Run. She's got some pre-game scheduled Thursday and Friday on Golf Channel, and will be an analyst on Saturday and Sunday on the prime time NBC broadcast. I'm looking forward to hearing what she has to say, though I'd sure like to see her teeing it up.

•  

THANKS CHRIS.

I THINK SHE WILL BE A GREAT COLOR COMMENTATOR FROM THE WORK SHE HAS DONE ON THE GC.

I'M WITH YOU,,,LOVE TO SEE HER TEE IT UP. 

•  

If her work on the golf channel is any indication she could add a lot to the telecast.  I am particularly interested to see this Open as I will be playing there in 3 weeks. 

•  

Awesome, she is a great person.

And very cool NCBob!

•  

I think she'll be really good...she'll have player perspective and won't over commentate like some of the guys do...(Johnny Miller)

•  

She will be an outstanding addition to the golf Channel. Her insight should really open up the real world of women's golf.

• 2671 points

Will be nice to see her back in any aspect of the game. i know she has been on Golf channel but this will give her more freedom to talk about the women's game. Great ambassador for the game..

•  

Very positive move for NBC....Annika will definitely bring alot to the prime time telecast....Would love to see her be an analyst for one of the men's tournaments as well.

• 352 points

I think Annika will do a great job, but isn't there some history with her and Dottie? Seems like I remeber some sort of tiff between the two at a Solheim Cup. It has been a while back, maybe 12-15 yrs ago???  My mind is a little shot these days, just wondering.....

•  
    Good for her I think that she will be a great telecaster
  •  

grahamdd

I think Annika will do a great job, but isn't there some history with her and Dottie? Seems like I remeber some sort of tiff between the two at a Solheim Cup. It has been a while back, maybe 12-15 yrs ago???  My mind is a little shot these days, just wondering.....

I think you might be right. Golf channel was previewing a state of the game with both of them on it ARGUING.

I think Annika will do a good job, but like  all the former players she is tough but fair.