Avid Golf

Avid Golf

•  

How avid of a golfer are you? Can you compete with the man in the picture playing in Colorado?

•  

i cant that will scare the crap out of me

•  
    Hate to be so rude, but if that photo is real, this guy is a total idiot! I've been through the last two firestorms here in SD and golf is the last thing on your mind, I think it's photoshopped because the course would have been closed!
  •  

Very sad state of affairs in Colorado. My playing partner last Sunday excused himself from our round as his In-Laws home was in the path of the fire. Based on the photos I saw, they pretty much lost their home.

•  

it is pretty rough out there.  i guess if that was my house back there, i'd probably figure i better get one last round in before life turns upside down.

•  

I am shocked that the course was open with the fire that close.  Were they having a fire sale?

•  

Really is that a picture or drawing ? Golf is nice but somebody's home is burning, really, really ?????

•  

Tar Heel

Very sad state of affairs in Colorado. My playing partner last Sunday excused himself from our round as his In-Laws home was in the path of the fire. Based on the photos I saw, they pretty much lost their home.

Agreed.  I'm from CO.  Luckily the majority of my family lives closer to Denver, and most of my friends live in the Summit County mountains or Denver, but my cousin was evacuated and is pretty sure his home is gone.  My best friend's wedding is now put off till 2013 because the venue is in the path.  Some sad stuff.   At least nobody is hurt. 

• 2822 points

Could anybody be this dumb and insensitive or did some clown just super impose one photo on top of another.

•  

Well I don't know but one time in the group in front of me a guy dropped and we ran up to him, me and another guy gave him CPR all the way to a Hospital, he was DOA, and we returned to the course and finished our round. Wasn't as much fun at that point.

•  

That's kind of what i thought - personally, if it's real, the man playing is nuts. I'd be afraid of cinder setting me, my equipment or worse, my Footjoys on fire.

• 3066 points

I agree with TNT and Randy; the picture doesn't look real. If it is, someone should run out and smack that guy.

•  

The more I look at the photo, the more I think its fake! The course wouldnt be open, theres no smoke going in any direction and you couldnt stand that close to the hose and not be cooked!

•  

joshgiano

Tar Heel

Agreed.  I'm from CO.  Luckily the majority of my family lives closer to Denver, and most of my friends live in the Summit County mountains or Denver, but my cousin was evacuated and is pretty sure his home is gone.  My best friend's wedding is now put off till 2013 because the venue is in the path.  Some sad stuff.   At least nobody is hurt. 

I have some friends who have been fortunate enough not to be affected by this fire...I hope your family is good Josh...this is definitely a tragedy...

•  

Not that much of a priority compared to life and safety!

-ICONs for ALL