Weekend Action

Weekend Action

• 1495 points

Let's hear about anything exciting or strange that happened this weekend?

•  

Interesting. I played 18 both Saturday and Sunday. Got to play with 2 of my course assistant pros. Watched Dylan hit a 3 Hybrid about 264 and stick it to about 5 feet (he missed the birdie putt).

And I may as many birdies as they did! All in all quite satisfying. But not strange at all...

•  

I went on a golf trip this past weekend.  A group of 12 guys with a lot of "games" going on.  Got to play 81 holes of golf.  First tee time was 1pm on Friday and we finished at 1pm on Sunday.   

Great weekend.

•  

Played 9 Friday afternoon with FJ Ambassador Ty Webb, Saturday was 18, as was Sunday. Had to birdie the last hole on Sunday  to tie the match up with one of our assistant pros.  It gave me great bragging rights.

•  
    I am going to the field of dreams game at hunington part saturday and I am having a family party on Sunday for mothers day
  •  

Had a family outing (wedding) -  reception was held at a country club -  front nine was a old Donald Ross course (late 20's I think).  back nine was an Ellis Maples.

Didn't get to play -  putting green didn't look to be in that good of condition.

I had played this course about 30 years ago.  The old pictures that had of the course was probably the best part of visiting this club.

Did get home for Sunday round - just needed to make a few more putts.

•  

Played Friday, Sunday, Monday, & Tuesday.  Now I'm tired.  Lowest was 72 highest was 76

TT

•  

Still working a lot....haven't had a weekend off in over two months. :(

•  

hmm.....let's see.  Friday i did errands that i haven't been able to do since i've been working 60 hr weeks.  saturday, i mowed at my house and the house i'm trying to sell.  we had our local 'bulky drop-off' so my brother-in-law and i took a couple loads down for that.  then i got rid of some tree limbs i cut down earlier in the week.  then i drove 45 mins. to visit my sister-in-law and bring some of her stuff home from college.  sunday i played with my daughter and tried to relax.  still no golf.  hoping to at least see a driving range this week.

•  

Didn't get to play this past weekend (had to work all weekend), but my wife and father-in-law played and had a great time.  Oddly, they decided to play on a whim and so he had no equipment with him...I let him use my clubs and he liked them so much he said he'd buy them if I ever decided to trade in.  He also used an old (3-4 year old) pair of DryJoys that are now mostly range shoes for me, and said they were some of the more comfortable shoes he's worn!  

• 1495 points

Had an interesting weekend....played in a FLOG tournament on Saturday. It was a free tournament with a lot of little quirks thrown into it. Had to hit a punch shot through a tractor tire on number 1......number 3 had to putt with a putter made from plumbing part...#5 had to putt blind folded.....#6 had to play with the same club then entire hole.....had a 1280 par 8 (two holes combined)....#16 had to play with my partners clubs (who happened to be left handed) very difficult to switch sides. Tonight in league played my best round ever shot -1 on the front 9 during league beating a very good local player. All in All a very good weekend.

•  

miguelj20

Had an interesting weekend....played in a FLOG tournament on Saturday. It was a free tournament with a lot of little quirks thrown into it. Had to hit a punch shot through a tractor tire on number 1......number 3 had to putt with a putter made from plumbing part...#5 had to putt blind folded.....#6 had to play with the same club then entire hole.....had a 1280 par 8 (two holes combined)....#16 had to play with my partners clubs (who happened to be left handed) very difficult to switch sides. Tonight in league played my best round ever shot -1 on the front 9 during league beating a very good local player. All in All a very good weekend.

that actually sounds like a lot of fun.  something a little different to mix it up.

• 440 points

Nothing too exciting played 27 on sat. and enjoyed every minute of it! 3 over for the day