AUTO POPULATE ENTRY FORM FOR MEMBERS OF THE COMMUNITY

AUTO POPULATE ENTRY FORM FOR MEMBERS OF THE COMMUNITY

•  

I was just wondering if it would be possible for a Community Members information to auto populate the entry forms for all of the contests that FJ allows us to be a part of.

I don't know if this has crossed anyone else's mind, but I'm curious as to what everyone else thinks.

• 530 points

that would be nice

•  

not a horrible idea, but probably difficult for FJ to implement.  i don't mind a little work for the potential free Icons.  and if you really want it, you can turn on auto-complete in your browser.

•  
    I haven't noticed that yet
  •  

pablo, i use google chrome for my browser and it gives me an auto fill for the entry forms on our contests and sweepstakes.  i think that mozilla firefox has that option as well.  i don't know if internet explorer has it or not.

•  

if you are using internet explorer, click on tools just under the red X that closes your page.  you will get a drop down menu.  

select and click on internet options

a new window will open,  click on content

on this page find auto complete and click on settings

put a check in the box called forms

hit ok and have at it.

•  

I am glad we have all these tech savy guys around.

•  

beej

if you are using internet explorer, click on tools just under the red X that closes your page.  you will get a drop down menu.  

select and click on internet options

a new window will open,  click on content

on this page find auto complete and click on settings

put a check in the box called forms

hit ok and have at it.

It just makes life easier....

Thanks for sharing.

-ICONs for ALL

•  

great idea, put in some kind of criteria to keep it somewhat limited to more active participants.

•  

Don't forget that Safari also will auto complete forms for you.  Haven't had any difficulty doing this recently.  The only odd man out is the State, if like me, your state is one that has multiple states with the same first letter.  Some auto completes let you type the initial multiple times until the proper one fills in.  On the FJ site, I find I have to type the initial and then arrow down to the correct one and hit Enter.  Oh, the hazards and difficulties of the modern world.

•  
    I have stopped participating because too many others win, and his same reason...