FJ Community- Esprit de Corps

FJ Community- Esprit de Corps

•  

Greetings all

This past weekend Don, Todd, and I had a little SoCal golf outing, during which we got to know one another and play some golf together. As noted in Don's post, we had a great day on the links and showed the locals what "FJ- The Mark of a Player" is all about. But more than that, we simply extended what being part of the FJ Community is all about, letting people who love golf (and FJ) get together and play golf together. Fred, Doug, and others did the same thing in Texas recently. 

I was reminded of this very fact during an exchange with Chris Garrett, our very own FJ Mentor/Staffer. Chris' thoughts prompted me to write, since I saw some posts talking about members getting together and playing. Let me put it to each of you (us). FJA's and other FJ contributors are everywhere. Take a moment to look at the Bios and see who is within a decent proximity to you. Engage in conversations with one another and then see if a tee time can be arranged by taking the initiative. Then stage a get together!

As one who attended last years FJA Invitational, one of the greatest parts of the trip was just having the opportunity to meet the people I had been talking to for over a year. The golf was nice, but the interaction was even better. But that type of event is few and far between, and as a community we should start to take some of this initiative up on our own. I know Mondo, Shaun, and I are planning to continue our "Lefties Invitational" somewhere this year. Where or when? Who knows. But Mikey asked me about it just the other day, and we're looking at this fall to continue the tradition started last year.

Take the chance to reach out to other members here. Let's see how much futher we can connect this thing in the future. I know you'll have fun, play some golf, and have a good time. Better still, you can amaze the locals with all the gorgeous shoe combinations that have been amassed by everyone.

Play well my friends. 

•  

WELL SAID RANDY. PULPLVR PLAYED WITH US AT KINGWOOD IN HOUSTON.

WE HAD A GREAT TIME EVEN THOUGH WE WERE INTERRUPTED BY A STORM.

OUR CLUB IN KINGWOOD,TEXAS,RIGHT OUTSIDE OF HOUSTON IS MORE THAN HAPPY TO HOST OUTINGS. I HOPE WE CAN ALL HAVE A CHANCE TO MEET AND PLAY THIS WONDERFUL GAME.

•  

I know Devin and Chris are local to me, southeast MA, close to RI border, and would love to get a round in with the gents if available.  For that matter, any other FJ loyalist in the area...Drop me a note.

Also, TarHeel, when in the area, make sure to look me up.

Great article.

•  
    That was good for you
    • 3627 points

Great stuff. Glad you guys got together to play. Other members are welcome to drop me a note if they're up for a game in the Twin Cities.

•  

Thanks for leading the charge to extend the FJC beyond the digital divide to actual people interactions which is why we are in this community.

-ICONs for ALL

•  
    Tar Heel

Greetings all

This past weekend Don, Todd, and I had a little SoCal golf outing, during which we got to know one another and play some golf together. As noted in Don's post, we had a great day on the links and showed the locals what "FJ- The Mark of a Player" is all about. But more than that, we simply extended what being part of the FJ Community is all about, letting people who love golf (and FJ) get together and play golf together. Fred, Doug, and others did the same thing in Texas recently. 

I was reminded of this very fact during an exchange with Chris Garrett, our very own FJ Mentor/Staffer. Chris' thoughts prompted me to write, since I saw some posts talking about members getting together and playing. Let me put it to each of you (us). FJA's and other FJ contributors are everywhere. Take a moment to look at the Bios and see who is within a decent proximity to you. Engage in conversations with one another and then see if a tee time can be arranged by taking the initiative. Then stage a get together!

As one who attended last years FJA Invitational, one of the greatest parts of the trip was just having the opportunity to meet the people I had been talking to for over a year. The golf was nice, but the interaction was even better. But that type of event is few and far between, and as a community we should start to take some of this initiative up on our own. I know Mondo, Shaun, and I are planning to continue our "Lefties Invitational" somewhere this year. Where or when? Who knows. But Mikey asked me about it just the other day, and we're looking at this fall to continue the tradition started last year.

Take the chance to reach out to other members here. Let's see how much futher we can connect this thing in the future. I know you'll have fun, play some golf, and have a good time. Better still, you can amaze the locals with all the gorgeous shoe combinations that have been amassed by everyone.

Play well my friends. 

Great post Heel, once again I will gladly host anyone here in NE Fla.
  •  

OK folks, seeing some good feedback, but I want to see stuff like this....

TAIII- you are in Oswego Illinois. How many other FJA can you get to reasonably? There are guys in Chicago. Well, sort of. CleanFan is there, but moving. But maybe you can connect.

Pat, Minneapolis, Edina actually. Shaun is in Milwaukee. Tyler Higley is in Appleton. Look them up and plan a golf day.

BB, you have all the FJ guys to choose from and 19Hole (Rick), plus Denise.

Don't just send a note saying "hey, I'll play with anybody, let me know." You all take the initiative. Doug, Fred, and Pulplvr did it all by themselves via PM and the phone. Don, Todd and I did the same thing in SoCal.

The spirit of my note was this. As a FJA it is our responsibility to let others know about the fun we have in golf and with FJ. We're all outgoing people, otherwise we wouldn't be on a site like this. It is echoed over and over that the reason people stay here is becuase it's a fun place. Well guess what? It's even more fun when you engage with others on a very active basis. So get out there and play!

Time to take this thing to another level people!

•  

....And what an amazing time we had!!!

•  

Randy, well said as always.  It reminds me that Sammy (nelbass) and I tried to set up a counter-invitational last fall in the southern Louisiana area--unsuccessfully as it turned out.  I need to work on that again-possibly pulling GTjacket8 from Brandon, MS.  Timing, as always, is the real key.

Sammy, GTjacket--what say you? 

•  

Should I be really disappointed that there are no other FJA's in NE Fla... Damn....

•  

Well said Randy, as always your words fit like a glove into any situation.

•  

I totally agree...we need to take the initiative and make it happen.  A few months ago, Fred and I played a round here in Arlington, TX.  It was great to put a name with a face.  We have kept in touch ever since and I know that we will play again soon.  This forum is about promoting the FJ brand and making friends who love golf.

•  

TNT009

But who won?!?!?!

•  

Devin_Gmitter

TNT009

But who won?!?!?!

FootJoy.