Removal of duplicate Postings....

Removal of duplicate Postings....

•  

If by chance, there is an existing post, is it possible to remove a duplicate post?

Also, in the spirit of the FJC, let's be diligent in reviewing postings to help in understanding what topics have previously been addressed. This will help keep topics on-point and not fill the community with variations of the same topic.

-ICONs for ALL 

•  

Admirable effort Thomas. A duplicate post has cropped up from time to time, more in error than anything.

There isn't any harm in "refreshing" a topic sometimes, since we are getting new members with new POV's (points of view). But it's always good to stay on top of this!

•  

Chances are if we talked about it once we will be happy to chat about it again! Randy, I see you are getting close to 4,000 posts! Well done my friend.

•  

Thomas,

Do you mean someone starting a new thread on a topic that was already discussed or do you mean that you are seeing real "duplicates" where the same person posts the exact same thing on the exact same date either through error or some other hiccup? 

Posts can be deleted by moderators.  If you are seeing true duplicates, please let Devin and me know, so we can look into what is causing them before cleaning them up.

Best,

-Denise

•  

CommunitySupport

Thomas,

Do you mean someone starting a new thread on a topic that was already discussed or do you mean that you are seeing real "duplicates" where the same person posts the exact same thing on the exact same date either through error or some other hiccup? 

Posts can be deleted by moderators.  If you are seeing true duplicates, please let Devin and me know, so we can look into what is causing them before cleaning them up.

Best,

-Denise

My reference was to actual duplicates ("Unusual Season" - General).

-ICONs for All 

•  

In my thoughts, if the topics are similar they should be combined. ( Masters comes to mind)

TT

•  

Whaql1

Chances are if we talked about it once we will be happy to chat about it again! Randy, I see you are getting close to 4,000 posts! Well done my friend.

Wow! Thanks for the heads up Mikey! I guess I'll need to come up with some sentimental post as I jump over that threshold.... It's actually a milestone "where no man has gone before." I know Eric is there, but he doesn't count. He had that soft cushy student life so long, posting and listening to lectures..... and posting some more.

•  

Whaql1

That is the point, if it already exist, write your comments in the existing topic!!!

We will respond.

-ICONs for All

•  

Tar Heel

Whaql1

Wow! Thanks for the heads up Mikey! I guess I'll need to come up with some sentimental post as I jump over that threshold.... It's actually a milestone "where no man has gone before." I know Eric is there, but he doesn't count. He had that soft cushy student life so long, posting and listening to lectures..... and posting some more.

Congrats on the 4000 accomplishment Randy...and well said regarding Eric's cushy student life...I've noticed he has slowed down considerably as he plans his wedding...

•  

Eric's future husband keeps him busy.