Bubba's pink driver -- are you game?

Bubba's pink driver -- are you game?

•  

Ping announced today it will have a limited edition release of Bubba's pink G20 driver, with 5% of the proceeds going to charity. Any of you going to step up and buy one of the 5,000 available? It will be available in 9.5°, 10.5°, 12° for right handed players; 10.5° for left handed. The all-pink shaft featured in this limited edition driver is the proprietary TFC 169D and is available in stiff, regular and ladies.

They didn't release details yet on when it would be available, but I assume that's coming soon. 

•  

June 1 availability.

•  

I was looking at getting a G20 but don't know if I want to spend that much to drive half his distance. Too much golfing to do between now and June 1.

•  

I loved that he won the Masters with it and that it's Bubba who won it.  But there is nothing I like about his driver at all.

I think, and I recommend Paula Creamer to go after it, if TaylorMade wouldn't mind, she loves the color pink and she may have a tax deduct reason for a charity.

That's fun news.

•  
    Not for me, I'm a Titleist guy but like the idea. I think they could have kicked in more than 5% considering it is limited and it's a great way to support a good cause.
  •  
    I would use it
  •  

GolfChick thanks for bringing this stuff up.  You help keep the community informed of all golf. Even with some of limited mind.  Bravo Zulu.

•  

So while I love the Ping irons, it's not so much on the drivers and the fairways. Not sure why, as I have been "fitted" by a couple different folks, all with shaky results.

I applaud Bubba and PING for their efforts to support the causes. Kudos for that. But I can't be one of the purchasers of the driver.....

•  

Nope, gonna pass on the pink driver.  They'd have to give me one AND pay me to use it!  Gonna let Bubba represent this one.

•  

This a great marketing opportunity wasted.....They should have had Bubba autograph them and raised more money for "charity". To be honest, personally cannot pull the trigger on purchasing one of these.

Thank you for presenting this opportunity to the FJC.

-ICONs for ALL

•  

I am suprised that they didn't include the Graffalloy BiMatrix shaft that he actually uses on tour in this limited run.

Agreed Thomas, with a qty of only 5000, they should be hand signed by Bubba. Especially concidering 5% is going to charity.

If it was built to the correct specifications (yes, the cost would go up do to the shaft upgrade) and signed I would trip the trigger and buy one to keep as a souvenir.

I may still buy one for my daughters bag.

•  

If I can snag one it'll be a suprise gift for the wife!

•  

I would love to get one of the ladies version for my daughter. She loves pink and since we toured the Ping factory together, so is always bugging me about getting her some Pings.

• 385 points

Not for me. I personally liked when it was custom only for Bubba, but anything that helps out a charity I am all for. I like the idea of having him sign them and give more than 5% to charity.

•  

In the market for a new driver so may just test one out ! I agree  with ta iii on having the clubs autographed by Bubba and a higher percent be given to charity......

While Ping is not known for their drivers there's much behind the pink in their equation  -

Pi  Pink is the color of happiness and is sometimes seen as lighthearted. Pink is intuitive and insightful, showing tenderness and kindness with its empathy and sensitivity. In color psychology, pink is a sign of hope. It is a positive color inspiring warm and comforting feelings, a sense that everything will be okay. Pink can signify good health. Pink calms and reassures our emotional energies, alleviating feelings of anger, aggression, resentment, abandonment and neglect. Pink is a non-threatening color seeking appreciation, respect and admiration. It doesn't like to be taken for granted and just loves to hear the words 'thank you'. Bright pinks stimulate energy. They also encourage action and confidence. Are youthful, fun, and exciting, they are sensual and passionate without being too aggressive.

For the FJC Fashionistas - Combining pink with other darker colors such as dark blue, dark green, black or gray, adds strength and sophistication !

·