how much do you practice putting?

how much do you practice putting?

•  

unfortunately i very rarely get to practice anymore.  my limited golf time usually goes to a full round instead.  but i always thought i practiced a lot of putting.......until i saw how much lexi thompson does.  apparently she practices 90 minutes on the range and 2-3 hours a day on the practice green.  no wonder she is so good!!!

so be truthful, how many of you practice your putting twice as long as the rest of your practice session??

•  

every day in my living room but at a golf course or a driving range not as much ill go 15 min before my round pay and then putt untill i here my name being called for the tee

• 3627 points

I'm guessing I'm closer to 50/50 short game to full swings. In the winter I'll work a lot on my stroke on the carpet in the basement. The winter is when you can go a lot of work and make big improvements...once the spring rolls around it's all speed at that point.

•  

If I have two hours for practice, I usually split 50/50 and some days, I will spend two hours simply on puting.

-ICONs for ALL

•  

tdogg21

unfortunately i very rarely get to practice anymore.  my limited golf time usually goes to a full round instead.  but i always thought i practiced a lot of putting.......until i saw how much lexi thompson does.  apparently she practices 90 minutes on the range and 2-3 hours a day on the practice green.  no wonder she is so good!!!

so be truthful, how many of you practice your putting twice as long as the rest of your practice session??

It would probably be not as long during the same day, but I am on the putting green more times a week than I'm on the range.  I spend anywhere from 45 min to an hour and a half on the putting green each visit.  At the range/short area, I may get an hour or so, but it's only a couple of times a week.  It's difficult for me to spend more time than that as my day job gets in the way.  (lol)  But truthfully, I have a back issue that I nurse throughout the day.

•  

When I go to the range, I probably spend 60/40 between range/putting green.  However, a good portion of that 60% range time includes the chipping/pitching area.  So all in all, I spend a good bit more time on my short game than anything else...maybe that's why my long game stinks!

•  

noeldaof, your comment:, "But truthfully, I have a back issue that I nurse throughout the day," makes me wonder how you are able to spend 45 minutes to and hour and a half on the putting green.  I  would love to practice putting more/longer, but my back usually cries out sooner than I'd like.  

•  

Probably 1/2 hour after coming off range. Am also going to try a laser system to see if I am getting the right alignment. Hey, it worked for Mahan, so I'll give it a try.

•  

10-15 minutes hit some lags of about 20-30 feet then work on 3-5 footers, then hit about 30 balls and head to the first tee.

•  

Not enough!  Frankly, I find it difficult to practice unless it is at the course that I am playing.  One drill that I do like to use is that I will take two tees and put them a very short distance apart and try to put the ball through the tees.  I find it much better to putt to a spot rather than the actual hole.  

I would defer to our resident pro - 19Hole - for any advice on putting tips however... 

•  

not twice as much as hitting balls but will spend an equal amount of time hitting balls as I do putting

•  

50/50  usually.  Have been on the green a bunch lately though. Got a lesson from my teacher and trying to make it stick.

TT

•  
    I would say I'm more 70/30 putting/ chipping to full swings, short game is where you score
  •  

I PRACTICE PUTTING EVERY DAY.

WITH MY YIPS IT DOESN'T SEEM TO DO MUCH GOOD.

I HAVE A PUTTING GREEN THAT RUNS ABOUT 12 AND THE GREENS AT THE CLUB RANGE FROM 8-10. SO, WHEN I GET ON THE COURSE I'M ALWAYS SHORT OR I JAB AT IT AND LORD ONLY KNOWS WHICH DIRECTION IT GOES.

REAL PROBLEM IS THE YIPS.

•  
    Need to do more frankly. These greens here in SoCal are much different than my Michigan course, so I need to get out and putt more.