The MacKenzie Golf Bag Company

The MacKenzie Golf Bag Company

• 3627 points

For those of you that enjoy walking while playing golf, you might enjoy doing so with a MacKenzie walker. Website: http://www.themackenziegolfbagcompany.com/ All of the bags are handmade in Oregon by the MacKenzie team.

I just ordered my first one and absolutely love it. It's light, has perfect balance on my shoulder, and is very unique compared to the sea of foriegn-made plastic golf bags. I highly recommend these bags!

Here are a couple photos of my ballistic walker:

•  

that's pretty cool.  i'm going to check them out.  i shattered my collarbone a little of a year ago and had to have it surgically put back together.  now i can barely carry a bag on my shoulder, but this might be an option.

i use to sell walking bags like that, but most people didn't want them.  everyone wants a big bag with a lot of pockets.......until they get to about the 3rd tee.

• 3627 points

If you happen to have one yourself, please post photos of yours!

•  

The MacKenzie is a great walking bag, but I have a hard time justifying the price to buy one now - my original from 20 years ago was $250 and they now run almost $800. 

• 3627 points

Fred,

The leather ones are expensive. But like a nice pair of Classics they'll last forever if you take care of them. And consider that a leather bag is only ~3 pairs of ICONs! :)

If leather isn't your thing...the ballistic nylon bags (such as mine) are a great option. Lighter than the leather bags and 1/4 the cost. Plus there is a ton of leather on them (trimmings, etc.) and you can customize them almost anyway you want (colors, logos, initials, etc.)

•  

U.S. Made -

Great bag and well crafted.

The market sees differently as there is a desire to have the "Brand" Bag - unfortunately.

-ICONs for ALL

•  

Nice bags!

That's an ultimate walker's bag. . . but it's the pricy.  I have a Sunday bag that I pull out when I take half my clubs (odds or evens) with me in the afternoons and also a super light stand bag.

Anyway, hey, these are good stuff. . . for now, I'll take three pairs of Icons. (lol) just kidding.

Peace.

•  

Thanks for sharing.  I think I 'll stick to my Titliest carry bag.  I also have one of the ultra small bags similar to what you are showing, don't like jamming all the clubs in there so usually only carry 7-8 clubs in it.

•  

My Mackenzie was stolen several years ago, but since then, I'm partial to the newer bags with built in bag stands to keep the moisture off of me. They are not as durable or classic looking, but they work better, in my opinion.

•  

hmm....not sure i like it for that price. 

•  

Good Looking Bag with a heavy price tag. But nice to know it's made in the USA !  Don't carry my bag when walking - for me it's a Sun Mountain Bag and Speed Push Cart.....

• 3627 points

They have a ton of photos on their Facebook page. They are really creative with their bags.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-MacKenzie-Golf-Bag-Company/116647232919?sk=photos

•  

It looks very light.

• 3627 points

Lusogolf

It looks very light.

I think my nylon bag is at or just less than 4 lbs. The leather bags run a little heavier though.

•  

The USGA has a great artcle on Mackenzie bags:

http://www.usga-digital.com/usga/

In this week's issue:

Gear: Adams Fairways Even Hotter, 9
    Gear: MacKenzie Walkers More Than A Bag, 11
    -ICONs for ALL