Leather grips

Leather grips

•  

Geoff Ogilvy, Adam Scott and Jarrod Lyle all use leather grips -- who knew? An Australian company now makes leather grips that slip on, just like the rubber grips most of us use. Leather grips used to be popular -- and pricey -- since they wrapped one long strip of leather around each club shaft. Here's an article on the company, Grip Master.

http://golfweek.com/news/2012/mar/22/grip-master-spreads-leather-love/

•  
    That is cool... I used to use the Winn leather grips but I don't think they make them any more
  •  

I have seen them around but I can't justify switching.  I like what I use and to me it seems like leather would strip off quick... just my thought.

It can't be too bad if AS is using it right?! lol

•  

You know I'm down with anything my boyfriend Adam Scott does.

•  

I use them and you dont have to change grips for years, as they break in and and not wear out!

EMKelly0106

I have seen them around but I can't justify switching.  I like what I use and to me it seems like leather would strip off quick... just my thought.

It can't be too bad if AS is using it right?! lol

• 2180 points

very interesting, need to find somebody here local that has some. Would like to try them. Hard to find an "all" around grip that I like. 

• 1033 points

This is Ironic since I was just on the website looking at putter grips! What about a lime green deerskin grip. I think theyd be awesome. Especially the stitching.  Pretty sure they make the leather grips for camerons too.

•  

It use to be a real art for a pro to wrap a golf grip. They would slip are hard rubber last on the shaft and then wrap the the leather than shrink a collar around the end to hold it in place.  A lot of companies have made them over the years but the compound grips have taken over the world, similar to soft spikes. Jack used leather grips throughout his career.

•  

they made slip on leather grips about 15 years ago, but it think they fell out of style.  haven't seen them in years.  glad to hear they are back (or at least popular again).  wouldn't mind trying them out.

• 3627 points

I really like the feel of leather grips...but at $25 a grip? Eeek. They don't make that much of a difference!

•  

Given the properties of leather (even synthetic), it would make for a favorable connection to the club and provide expanded customization. It would be nice to try them.

Interesting, thanks for sharing.

-ICONs for ALL

•  

PatCCraig

I really like the feel of leather grips...but at $25 a grip? Eeek. They don't make that much of a difference!

that is a little salty, but if it is better and lasts longer, might be worth it.

• 3627 points

They would have to last about 5x longer than the Lampkin Crosslines that I have on my clubs right now in order to make it somewhat cost effective.

•  

They are worth every penny... They last, wet towel to clean(no soap) and youre off!

•  

PatCCraig

They would have to last about 5x longer than the Lampkin Crosslines that I have on my clubs right now in order to make it somewhat cost effective.

or 2.5x longer and be twice as good.  i'd like to try them out, but the price makes it tough to make the plunge.