Fight against cancer

Fight against cancer

•  

As the weathers getting nicer, Im finding myself torn between 2 great loves (besides my family). I started biking last year in order to get in shape and have fallen in love with it as much as I love golf. I have the standard golf goal of lowering my handicap, but Ive set some fairly lofty goals when it comes to biking. Ive decided to incorporate charity work in with my biking and Im hoping I can convince you all to join with me in the fight against cancer. We have a local ride here in Columbus, Ohio that in the 3 years that its been going on, has raised over $25 million dollars. 100% of the money goes to research.

Ive committed myself to ride 180 miles in 2 days for this group and hope that you will commit to helping financially. If you want to give, please click on the link. The ride isnt till August 10 so you have plenty of time.

I apologize in advance if anyone feels this doesnt belong here.

http://www.mypelotonia.org/riders_profile.jsp?MemberID=150805

• 2849 points

I lived and golfed  in Columbus(Gahanna)  for many years  and am always happy to support a fellow Buckeye golfer.

• 3506 points

Thank you for sharing and posting this link.  Good luck in the ride and enjoy!

•  

good luck.  my father lost his battle with cancer 3 years ago, so i've seen first-hand how much it can affect (and still affects) a family.  good luck with this and thank you for dedicating your time to raise money for such a horrible disease.

•  

That is a great cause - thanks for letting us know about it!

•  

Great goal for a great cause !  You go hendricks.....

•  

Great goal for a great cause!!!

90 miles per day for a worthy cause...thanks for the link for being able to support.

-ICONs for ALL

•  

Good luck...great cause and goal to accomplish...

•  

I'm sure Cancer has effected everyone's life here in some way or another. I know it has mine. My wife was diagnosed with cancer when she was 16. The doctors were able to remove all of it surgically and it hasn't reappeared since and she was actually able to give birth to my 2 wonderful sons even though they told her it wouldn't happen. She was one of the lucky ones.

I stress that this money does not go for "awareness" or some celebrities pockets. Every dime is given to one of the top Cancer research centers in the US. Don't think the amount needs to be large to make a difference, if everyone was able to contribute a small amount, it adds up. The average gift to this fundraising effort has been $52.00 historically and in only 3 years it has added up to over $25,000,000.

If you're concerned about receiving a tax write off, you can get a receipt and deduct 100% of it. A large amount of companies will even match what employees give so you can get them involved in it too.

•  
    That was a good site
  •  

I am in and with corporate support.

-ICONs for ALL

• 3627 points

Best of luck!

•  

GOOD LUCK ROB.

THANKS FOR HELPING.

•  

good luck hendricks...will take a look at the site...

•  

Good luck and make sure to enjoy the ride.