Revolution Golf

Revolution Golf

•  

does anyone have any experiences with this?  got it in an email from a reputable company, but hate to give my email address to them.  never know what you will get and how much.  the site just looks amateur.

http://jimmclean.revolutiongolf.com/specialoffer/lower-your-golf-scores/?source=globalgolf&creative=dmver1&utm_source=bm23&utm_medium=email&utm_term=Image+-+Revolution+Golf+Free+Signup&utm_content=Could+the+%233+Top+Teacher+In+America+help+you%3F&utm_campaign=03%2F07%2F2012

•  

I can't speak for Revolution golf, but I can speak for Jim McLean.  He has a practice facility about 4 miles from my house in Ft. Worth. I love the facility - great instructors, its really top-notch.  I actually met Jim at a clinic a few years ago - great guy.  I take my daughters to his junior clinics 2x a month and they are picking up the game quickly.  I only wish I had the money to be a full member at the facility.

•  

Tdogg, i joined revolution golf some time ago to get Paul Wilson's DVD. It's had a lot of good information from several teachers, some not so great but worth the money, to me.

•  
    Never heard of them. Stay away!
  •  
    Tar Heel
    Never heard of them. Stay away!
    I agree with you
  •  

Kill the email and go to McLeans website.  Anything that is for real will be there.

•  

i've heard mcclean is a good teacher and this offer came from a reputable company i have dealt with before.  but the webpage just seemed to cheesy.  not interested in being spamed forever.  so i can't decide what i should do.  maybe i'll make a fake email and try that.

• 942 points

Difficult question.

Websites, some websites, are setup to be like an info_commerical. I scanned their source code it is hard to deterime their creditability. To many Java scripts and redirects to make me comfortable.

As far as eMail I never worry about getting on a spam list because I use eMail addresses that are much like a throw away razor. I use it then toss it when it becomes cluttered. So much can be done to protect yourself from spam, and for me it is definately the throw away addresses. If it proves to be someone I find good I give them a better address. This way my main box stays clean. At one time I used to get thousands a day, and now just over 100..

As for lessons there are so many really good sources it is not worth chasing one that is not creditable. There are thousands of instructors but only a small handful that deliver.

... here is where I go to get domain names, hosting, and eMail boxes. They are a Wild West (GoDaddy) reseller. I am not really sold on using GoDaddy, but for domain names they are hard to beat. Hosting service? They overload the servers.. Email a plus.

Check out www.411w3.com if interested. (Money goes to our Veterans)

For Internet lessons "Shawn Clement" is hard to beat..  I have him on my wesite, not that I get paid from him (because I don't) I have him on my site because he is good, very good.

http://www.seniorgolfer.us/lesson.htm

Best of Luck and I hope my comments help.

• 2661 points

It's all geared towards getting you to continue to pay to get further into his program.

•  

NCBob

Kill the email and go to McLeans website.  Anything that is for real will be there.

Sound advice!!!

-ICONs for ALL

•  

i'm thinking about joining with one of my 'fake' emails just to see.  but honestly, i'm not expecting much.  the link seems to change where it goes.  really thinking it's not credible, but it came from a very credible source.

•  

tdogg21

i'm thinking about joining with one of my 'fake' emails just to see.  but honestly, i'm not expecting much.  the link seems to change where it goes.  really thinking it's not credible, but it came from a very credible source.

As an IT Architect, when you have redirecting of source URLs, it has a high degree for malicious intent. The single most used attack is the "reputable URL address". When in fact, it redirects you to a different site or delivers content to your system (they may ask you to input information or "click" to open a file). Honestly, it is just not worth it. Go to his original site and you will be better and safer for having done so.

-ICONs for ALL

• 3503 points

Looks bush league sir. I wouldn't but to each their own!

•  

Just for who believe in miracles.

•  

Never heard of  'Revolution Golf'.  Looks like an online company pushing videos you can purchase directly from the individual instructors. Can attest to JM - great facilities, instructors and videos....Go direct young man go direct !