Anyone playing this weekend?

Anyone playing this weekend?

•  

Chris Garrett

Wow. That's a golf trip every player should take. Since we all just became reaquainted with Turnberry, what were your thoughts having played it?

I have played it a number of times before, but with the rough the way it was for this Open it was pretty tough. One of the guys I played with hit a ball into the rough, actually it just rolled in, and we saw exactly were it went in. 5 minutes later there was still no sign of it.

The "new" (2 years now) 15th is a great hole. 17 is now impossible to reach in two from that back tees, 566 yards and generally into the wind.

When it blows there it is usually 15-25 mph and it blows almost every day!

• 130 points

The Bay Course is walkable... but only allowed if you have a caddy.  We really enjoyed walking it, but haven't done so in a long time.  The caddies are generally high school kids but often drive the cart so you can walk.

Same with The Plantation Course... but in this case you want the caddy to drive the cart so you'll have transportation on some of the long hauls like 5 green to 6 tee, #8 from tee to green and from #9 green to #10 tee.  Actually, the back nine on the Plantation is quite walkable.  Using the caddy to drive the cart is a very good idea when they turn the course to "cart paths only" in preparation for the opening of the first PGA tournament of the year - formerly Mercedes-Benz and now the SBS Championship.

•  

Club Championship this weekend.  We have a 36 hole stroke play qualifier for the Championship flight.  Top four players face off in match play the following weekend for the whole shibang.

Tim

•  

Good Luck!

•  

Chris Garrett

Anyone playing golf this weekend? Anything special or different (new course, new foursome, tournament)? Putting any new equipment in the bag?

Played Cedar Ridge in Broken Arrow ,OK.  The U.S. Amateur will be hosted there for the first 2 days then it will be at Southern Hills for the finals.

It is ready for the best players challenge.

Heading to VEgas next week for a 3 day tourney at Pauite courses.

•  

OUTIGER

Chris Garrett

Anyone playing golf this weekend? Anything special or different (new course, new foursome, tournament)? Putting any new equipment in the bag?

Played Cedar Ridge in Broken Arrow ,OK.  The U.S. Amateur will be hosted there for the first 2 days then it will be at Southern Hills for the finals.

It is ready for the best players challenge.

Heading to VEgas next week for a 3 day tourney at Pauite courses.

Have fun in Vegas.  I will be out there near the end os September.  I am hoping to get out and play a time or two, but not sure if I will have time lol!

Tim

•  

Playing Morningstar just west of Milwaukee this Saturday AM, can't wait.

•  

Well, this weekend I am playing.  No new course, no new four-some.  Just looking to add some cash to my wallet!

New item in the bag though.  Been using a new Cameron Tour Fastback on the practice greens and am finally going to give it a shot on the course.  I love the feel and the balance.  So far so good, will do a post round review.

•  

EMK - definitely give us a review of the CT.  I like the look of the Fastback, but I'm a NP2 guy.

•  

Playing at the Home course will my regular group this weekend.

•  

I will give a review of the CT... couple hundred dollars on the line today, hopefully my playing partners will cover the cost of the putter!  I guess if it does it's job....

•  

I work Sat but hopefully I dont work Sunday and my buddies and I can get a round in somewhere.

•  

rmthurber

Club Championship for me this weekend on both Sat and Sun and the weather appears to be shaping up nicely!  Hope to get out for a little range time at lunch today....

Good luck to you in your tournament! 

We were supposed to play our this weekend but it has been postponed due to some flooding on the course.  I have been recruited to play in a scramble Saturday though so it worked out.

Tim

•  

rmthurber, good luck!  hit them well, let us know how it goes.

• 4775 points

This weekend will be no different that any other.  Same course, same guys grinding it out like there life is on the line for a $5 bet.  I can't think of a better way to spend the day.