What is your favorite moment in golf?

What is your favorite moment in golf?

•  

My favorite moments in golf are playing with my dad and bestfriend.

•  

I met my wife on the course, and we enjoy our holidays playing golf together.

•  

A lot enjoy the family golf.  I think golf brings families together, it's interesting how many people learned from their parents, I think golf is unlike most sports in that sense, it's something you can do with your parents even when they are elderly. 

A unique experience that only golfers will understand.

• 4775 points

It was Spring Break when I was in the 9th grade.  My Dad and I were playing in the rain.  We were on 14 and it really started coming down.  The greens started to puddle and we were soaked.  Dad says, "Let's go over to 18 and go in."  (18 is right next to 14.)  I am standing on the 18th tee with water dripping off of the bill of my hat.  The entire left side of 18 is a mountain.  Dad tees off and his Powerbilt persimmion comes right out of his hand, flying like a helicopter.  Dad turns around and says, "Where did my ball go?"  I told him that I didn't know because I watched his club.  So we take off walking and I hike up the hill a little way and find his driver.  We continue down the fairway and there's his ball right in the middle and long.  We both started laughing.  That was many years ago but it's my favorite moment.  We lost Dad this past November at the young age of 58.  Thanks to this great game that we all love I am fortunate enough to have many moments that most guys don't have.  

•  

jas904

It was Spring Break when I was in the 9th grade.  My Dad and I were playing in the rain.  We were on 14 and it really started coming down.  The greens started to puddle and we were soaked.  Dad says, "Let's go over to 18 and go in."  (18 is right next to 14.)  I am standing on the 18th tee with water dripping off of the bill of my hat.  The entire left side of 18 is a mountain.  Dad tees off and his Powerbilt persimmion comes right out of his hand, flying like a helicopter.  Dad turns around and says, "Where did my ball go?"  I told him that I didn't know because I watched his club.  So we take off walking and I hike up the hill a little way and find his driver.  We continue down the fairway and there's his ball right in the middle and long.  We both started laughing.  That was many years ago but it's my favorite moment.  We lost Dad this past November at the young age of 58.  Thanks to this great game that we all love I am fortunate enough to have many moments that most guys don't have.  

I am sorry to hear about your father.  That is a great story!  Nothing like a round of golf with your father.

Tim

• 4775 points

tim6918

jas904

I am sorry to hear about your father.  That is a great story!  Nothing like a round of golf with your father.

Tim

Thanks for the words.  And you're right a round with your father is awesome.

•  

For me, my first eagle. On my home course on #9, 285 yds. I drove to the green and landed in a trap on the left side. Tee position was on the far right. I chipped out of the sand and watched it roll into the hole. My playing partner couldn't stop smiling and picked the ball out of the hole and walked across the green, slapped me on the back, andsaid that he had never seen me golf better.

The second was a long time ago while watching the Lee Trevino show. What he did when went into the water and hit out was one of my all time best moments. If any of you remember, it is a long story behind this and too long to relate, but just as memorable and funny.

•  

JustLikeSilk

Hitting one square on the face on the first tee.  It sets the tone for the entire day, and if you center that first pass it gets you fired up for the rest of the day.

good call