What is your favorite moment in golf?

What is your favorite moment in golf?

•  

Another one to add....My first round on the Old Course, 4 birdies (including 18) 74 in a 25-30 MPH wind.

•  

I have a lot of favorite moments.  Some of the best times were the summers when I was a kid and walking the course with friends.  My parents would drop me off early in the morning and then pick me up after they got off work.  I would spend the morning on the range having lessons with the pro and then play the course in the afternoon.  Great times.  

•  

beej

#2 eagle on a 600 yd par 5

#3 my hole in one

#1  teeing off with my son for the very first time, and i look forward to each of his visits more than any other golf moments,  and I DO LOVE MY GOLF.

Wow, 600 yd eagle!  That is some shootin'!  I can't wait for the opportuinty to share this game with my own kids.  I don't have any yet, but I look forward to our first trip to the links.

My most memorable moment would have to be the first time I broke 70.  I was with the Executive Director of the Golf Association of Michigan and two of my friends.  I shot 68 on a course I had only played one other time prior to that.  The director couldn't stop telling everyone about it at the GAM office.

Tim

• 185 points

I have had 3 hole-in-ones, but my most favorite moment in golf is when I am playing alone, 6:30 AM tee time on my home course and nobody around.  Just me and the course.  I do not get to play much by myself, but when I do it is the most relaxing and rewarding rund.

•  

My favorite moment is I hit the shot exactly like I pictured it in my minds eye. The pure sound of the Titleist popping of the face of the forged iron or exploding off the driver. Walking to the green and seeing the line of the putt instantly and then just stepping up and dropping it. Walking on the fresh cut fairway with a couple of good friends. Golfing IS my favorite moment.

•  

tim

that kind of shooting doesn't happen for me very often, for a 23 hndcper it's pretty much mostley luck putting three really good shots together at all. never mind on the same hole and holing out from the fairway.  that's why i put it one step above my hole-in one.

•  

Had to be my first (only) hole in one last  year on Father's Day - what a week it was -- Hole in one on June 15th, first daughter turning 2 on June 16th and second daughter born on June 17th !!!

•  

fishbone0600

My favorite moment is I hit the shot exactly like I pictured it in my minds eye. The pure sound of the Titleist popping of the face of the forged iron or exploding off the driver. Walking to the green and seeing the line of the putt instantly and then just stepping up and dropping it. Walking on the fresh cut fairway with a couple of good friends. Golfing IS my favorite moment.

I love it when this happens.  Every now and then I will stand over a putt and know that it is going in. (no, not just the tap ins)  There is a certain euphoric feeling.  It is when the tuning fork rings in your loins!  LOL!

Tim

•  

Just one? That's really tough.... I'll narrow it down to say this YEAR is my favorite so far. In May I got my first hole in one. It was so sweet because I was back in Chicago and was playing with my brother, and was on the course where I learned to play golf. Sadly, my Dad was supposed to come but couldn't make it.... So last week I was playing with my Dad here in Michigan, and BOOM! I got my second hole in one in two months. Totally insane.

Now after 20 years on the links, I score two aces in just two months. It has just made things so awesome, and makes this year memorable beyond words.

•  

Has to be, 1999 U.S. Open on Pinehurst #2 with that memorable finish by Payne Stewart. I've seen and had many golf memories,but in my mind that moment embodies all that golf could and should be.

• 272 points

It has to be my first ace, 2 weeks ago.

• 782 points

My number one is my best streak of final four holes, where i birdied 15, parred 16, birdied 17, and eagled par 5 18, only to come up one short of the lead. 

My second is my first 350 yard drive, I didn't swing hard at all and was surprised to see it go that far. 

Above all though is all of the times i have played with my grandfather, he got me started into golf when i was young and can not thank him enough. 

•  

First eagle.

•  

The one I still remember in most detail is my first birdie.  I did not start playing golf until I was 26, but all my buddies grew up playing.  So it could be frustrating always struggling.  1st birdie I ever made I was so excited.  I can still remember all the details.  I holed out from the fringe using a little 7 iron bump and run.  Those are the moments that keep you coming back.  Even Tiger hits bad shots, but those pure hits are what we remember.

•  

So many great moments in this forum. Like all of us that have played for a few (28) years, it is very had to pick from all of the things that have happened on the course.

I think every time I think about this I come up with another good memory.