What is your favorite moment in golf?

What is your favorite moment in golf?

•  

For me, I'll never forget the first time my dad took me out on the course. From the many lessons he gave me that day to the moment he was chasing after me as I started driving the cart down the fairway. I was only 5 years old but it will be a memory that lasts forever. 

• 70 points

My hole-in-one. I'll never forget watching the ball roll into the cup. I was in total shock.

•  

For me, it is the week leading up the start of the Masters, tons of anticipation for the year's first major.

•  

My first brand new set of clubs. When I was 12, I got a set of Ping Eye 2's for x-mas.  Before that I always had the hand me down clubs.

That helped me on to a lifelong love of golf.

•  

My first double eagle and my first 65.......

•  

Wow, so many. Playing the game, it's being on the range and then the first tee. Everyone's relaxed and you have no idea what's ahead of you. Could be the round of your life or one of your worst. Could have a hole-in-one or a 10. No one's stressed or frustrated, everyone's just excited to be out there, enjoying the day, playing the best game in the world. Until that first ball heads way right....then all bets are off!

Hitting one square on the face on the first tee.  It sets the tone for the entire day, and if you center that first pass it gets you fired up for the rest of the day.

•  

So many to choose from its hard.  One of my favorite moments was watching the US win the 2008 Ryder Cup

• 630 points

One of my favorite moments would be the last time that I played golf with my grandmother.  It was a year or so before she passed away at her home course in Naples.  It was a great time and something that I'll never forget!

• 275 points

I agree. There are a lot of exciting Tiger moments but that Ryder Cup had goosebumps on my arms!

• 95 points

The best moment in golf for me was the first time I actually played a real round of golf. Being outdoors with my family on a beautiful day trying something new and exciting, something just clicked for me that day. It was a feeling of euphoria and I was not even playing that good. I landed a few time in the sand trap but I didn't mind because I perceived it as a new challenge and it would be something I would have to work on sooner than later.

2 years later I still get the great same feeling when I play a round of golf and I still find myself in the sand trap but I love every minute of it.

• 130 points

I would have to say my second hole-in-one... the first was definitely a favorite moment... but it was with a poor shot that rolled into the hole and shows how much luck is usually involved in making one.  My second hole-in-one came during a club tournament a few years later.   At the third hole of  the Bay Course in Kapalua, I hit my 5-iron so good and right where I wanted on the left side of the green.  The ball took a bounce to the right toward the hole and rolled it.  Quite exciting!!!

•  

#2 eagle on a 600 yd par 5

#3 my hole in one

#1  teeing off with my son for the very first time, and i look forward to each of his visits more than any other golf moments,  and I DO LOVE MY GOLF.

•  

beej

#2 eagle on a 600 yd par 5

Nice. Did you sink the 3rd shot on the fly?

•  

one hop from about 145 yards from the first cut with a 6 iron, older only means more club to reach the target.