Best round of the year?

Best round of the year?

•  

Wow!  Congratulations on an awesome round!  That's what we call a handicap buster!

•  

10 birdies wow!!!!!

• 5142 points

That's incredible.  I've often played the the "what-if" game after a round and still don't think I could have beat that card!!! ;)

• 4423 points

Wow!  Great round sir!

•  

Well done Fred! Fantastic play!

•  

A dream round.....congratulations....gotta frame that card.....

•  

What an awesome round, Fred!  Congrats!

Also, that goes for everyone's great low round on this thread!

I'm afraid my low are what the norm are for many.

My low rounds are far and few between.

I shot even par, 72 at a muni course years ago, slope & rating were about 125/71, 6,200 yards.

Last year in November, I shot 1 over, 73 on a course with 71.5/135, 6,725 yards.

I'm working on it every chance I get to go out, but... Small ball... Tough game...  but always love coming back to play.

Keep coming low, FJC!

•  

Y'all are too kind. It wouldn't have happened without lots of luck and FJ. As usual, my FJ SciFlex gloves and my ICON white with black saddle shoes (my personal favorite).

•  

Wow Freddy!  That's an awesome round.  Good job!

• 1684 points

Great round for sure.  My best round happened two weeks ago in a Match Play event.  I get the lucky draw of the other teams number one guy, so I was fretting before we start.  Just went out and played fairways and greens and come to number nine tied up.  I hit a drive right and catch some cart path, and end up 85 yards from the green.  My opponent is 175 out and overshoots.  I stick one to six feet, and he then misses his next two shots.  I drain that put and win the front by one.  Play to a draw on the back nine and win the match overall by that one hole.  Sure glad I got a lucky break on that cart path and did not end up behind a tree.  Played two rounds since then and have had good results, but nothing like that match play round.  

•  

fredcloss
    Y'all are too kind. It wouldn't have happened without lots of luck and FJ. As usual, my FJ SciFlex gloves and my ICON white with black saddle shoes (my personal favorite).

Fred, agree with you on those classic Black and White saddles.....I have them in Tours.....

• 5 points

Dang!   A' 68'!  Impressive!

I played last Saturday with my two (adult) sons and their friend.  Stepping on #18 I was +2 and went triple-bogie for a 77.  Those golf-gods have quite a sense of humor....

It has to be my new DNA's; most comfortable shoes I've owned in 40-years of playing golf!  Just wish I could find the spikes that came with them, wow do they wear well!  Let me know if anyone is aware of where I can find them.

•  

Welcome, "SmoothDraw" (gotta love that user name)

Sounds like a good time with your sons!

I think this might be what you're looking for:

http://www.softspikes.com/?=

I just looked it up on FJ/DNA and saw this right away.

www.footjoy.com/.../53418

•  

so far this year I've played one 18 hole round...only been able to squeeze in my league play but have been able to put up a -1 scoring average thru 3 rounds...hoping to play more soon!!!

•  

Good going Mondo. The rust on your game will come off in no time.