Best round of the year?

Best round of the year?

•  

Congrats, beej.  Must be rounding into form for the outing.  Keep it up, and may you have many more career low rounds.

•  

GREAT ROUND MIKE!

GO BLUE TEAM,,,,,BLAST RED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

•  

Wow those are some lofty (and very cool) goals.  I shot a 76 once this year-  One of "those" rounds where you just can't miss.  Chip in, getting on in 2, no really bad shots- you know the stuff that keeps us coming back. 

•  

Well, I thought I had it in the bag today.  After a somewhat slow start (two over after three), I was even par through 17 holes.  Uh, oh, you're thinking and you would be right--TRIPLE on the 18th, with no penalty strokes, to end with a 75.  I had no 6s on the card, just that lonely 7 on the last.  Of course, the USGA drops that to a 6 for handicap reporting, but I was sooo close.  Last time I shot par (71) was almost 30 years ago!  I'll give it another whirl tomorrow and the next day and it will come.

•  

pulplvr

Well, I thought I had it in the bag today.  After a somewhat slow start (two over after three), I was even par through 17 holes.  Uh, oh, you're thinking and you would be right--TRIPLE on the 18th, with no penalty strokes, to end with a 75.  I had no 6s on the card, just that lonely 7 on the last.  Of course, the USGA drops that to a 6 for handicap reporting, but I was sooo close.  Last time I shot par (71) was almost 30 years ago!  I'll give it another whirl tomorrow and the next day and it will come.

I did the exact same thing when I was trying to break par for the first time. I was 1 under going into 18 and snap hooked my drive OB! Tripled the hole and was so mad after I wanted to throw my clubs in the lake! I let it go and broke par about a month later, but man was I upset!

•  

19hole

A goal I try for is no 5s on the card. Harder to do than I thought, but have managed it twice this year.

That is a great goal for a good player. Nice idea, but don't know if I've ever accomplished it. Low round this year is 68 (-2).

•  

I ended up going undefeated in my matches against my old college roommate/teammate. We play 5 matches in 3 days and put up some coin for each match.  We're very competitive with each other, but it always brings out the best.

In our last month I was up 4 at the turn, but ended up being down 1 with 2 to play due to some absolute ridiculousness from my competitor and the course. Right after the turn it seemed like a loss was inevitable.  He would be in the trees with a shot and I would be in the fairway in a huge sand divot.  It didn't help his putter caught fire on 11.  The last point he won was after the luckiest drive and approach in history.  It took about 5 bounces down 2 different cart paths and ended up 400 something yards off the tee.  He had about 120ish in for his second, and hit the rake off the back bunker to end up like 12 feet.  I hit my eagle chip and lip out, and as it would have it, he goes 1 putt dead center eagle.

He was beaming the whole way to the 17th.  After he ended up being about 20 feet from the hole with me off the green, you could tell he thought it was game over.  I chipped in with a little bump and run 7 iron, and he lipped out to get the point back.

I made a 20ish footer on 18 to win.  I went birdie, birdie, birdie, needing the last two to win.  Only the third time I've ever cooked up birdie turkey.  It was amazing.  He's pretty frugal so watching him fork it over was almost as good as the win.  The best part was we played double or nothing for this final round.

•  

Sometimes I think that success is inversely proportional to effort. My best rounds this year have been when I have not been trying hard but just enjoying. This year has been about trying to be consistently below 80 and I'm pleased to report success. The best round was a 73in Devon with much of the time spent admiring scenery on a summers day and only focusing on the shot in hand rather than the total score. Perhaps this is the secret? Any thoughts?

•  

Best for me was a -1, 70 at my local course.

Didn't have a great golf season this year...didn't play that much due to injuries and lack of work issues...

Hoping for a better golf season next year

•  

good job

•  

Wheelez3030

good job

nice post he says dripping with sarcasm

•  

Best rounds this season for me me was par a few times on two of the courses that I play around home this season.

Not too bad.

•  

Now I will have to refresh my best round of the year.  It was the amazing round we had at Medinah with the FJA's.  The whole weekend was an awesome time that will be cherished forever.  Plus we were able to meet 20 or so new friends in the process.

Hands down the best round of the year for me. 

Tim

•  

golferdrmjr

Wheelez3030

good job

nice post he says dripping with sarcasm

Ha!  I see what you did there...

•  

Sometimes the stars and planets align providing for something spectacular. My lowest score was 64 (-8) shot at El Dorado CC in Humble Texas in 1984. Today, not only did I meet 19hole's goal of no 5's, I hit it close all day, but went nuts on the last 4 holes making birdies from inside of 10 feet to shoot 61 on the Oak Course at Walnut Creek from the blue tees today.