Best round of the year?

Best round of the year?

•  

As Fall temperatures grip us here in Cincinnati, tell all about your best round this year!

I shot a 3 under 68 at a course in Indiana in July, my best round ever. I hit the ball very well, but was aided by driving the green on number 3 to within 3 feet of the hole! I was 4 under through 5 holes and played 1 over the rest of the way. Shared the round with one of my closest friends (WhodeyRunner on the forums) and his father in law. I broke par twice this summer, which are firsts for me. My new goal as a golfer is to have a "clean scorecard" no squares on the card, I am not sure if this is possible but I will give it my all!

Mike

•  
    Nice job Mike! My year has been slowed considerably with the birth of our daughter. My best round was 69 (par 72) with 5 birdies and 1 double bogey. Would have loved to have ayed more, but being a dad takes precedent!
  •  

Well done Mike!

•  

I wish I could tell you my best round was sub-par, but it's not.  I have two that I rank up there.  The latest was 74  (par 72-70.9/122, 6608 yds) in late August.  I manage only 10 fairways and 8 GIR, but had 4 birdies.  What really stood out in this round was the fact that I was five over after five holes, with two double-bogies.  One under on the back 9.  The other was earlier this year--73  on a shorter course, also par 72.  I had 16 GIR and one birdie to offset the two bogies I had.  Not bad for an old guy with an 8 handicap both times.

• 1567 points

Great round Mike and best of luck on a clean card. 

•  

Awesome playing Mike.  Look forward to watching you at Medinah.  Should be a treat!

•  

Thanks guys, Don't forget to tell about your best rounds too!

•  

Great Round! You got me beat...been hitting it well all year but 72-76 is where I'm at about now.  Hard to keep a good round going when you have not been there in a while ie Monday at Newport National.  The game was a little easier back when I could play everyday!

•  

I have had a couple under par rounds this season.  Have been on a 70-76 pattern lately.  Now that my vegas tourney is over, I won't play as much.  Plus I am gonna rest my shoulder to try and be ready for the gathering. 

•  

Great round!

•  

A goal I try for is no 5s on the card. Harder to do than I thought, but have managed it twice this year.

•  

Great round! Best round for me was an 86 shot back in June. Not the lowest score by far, but was very happy wth how I shot that day and had all clubs working pretty well.

Shaun

•  

best round of the year,  this morning 9/9/2011.  tied my best round ever at 82.  shot 41 and 41.  ten pars on the day and 2 doubles (yep, that leaves 6 bogeys).  i only hit 4 fairways but had 8 greens in reg.  converting 3 of 9 opportunities to get up and down for par.  for me it was like shooting 10 under my average score for this year.

• 1567 points

beej

best round of the year,  this morning 9/9/2011.  tied my best round ever at 82.  shot 41 and 41.  ten pars on the day and 2 doubles (yep, that leaves 6 bogeys).  i only hit 4 fairways but had 8 greens in reg.  converting 3 of 9 opportunities to get up and down for par.  for me it was like shooting 10 under my average score for this year.

nice work beej.  My college coach always told me that doubles(and more) were the result of bad decision making and no way indiciative of skill.  Better thought process and you will be under 80 in no time.    

•  

Congrats on the low score.