Walker Cup Team selection

Walker Cup Team selection

•  

I saw that the final picks were made for the Walker Cup team.  After the initial shock of not seeing my name on the list of selections, I did notice that John Peterson was not picked for the team.   This guy won the NCAA tournament in the spring and had a good summer of golf.  He lost in a playoff at a Nationwide Tour event about a month ago and made it into match play this weekend at the US Am.  I was shocked not to see him picked for the team.  I believe he is the number 7 ranked amatuer in the world - and was left off the team. 

•  

Always hard to say why someone did or did not make the team.  Perhaps there was a scheduling conflict or an injury that came into play that we don't know about.  

Looking at the selections, the weakest to me seems to be the 18 year old from Avon, Ind, Patrick Rogers.  His resume looks weaker than some of the selectees, but then I'm not making the picks, am I.

Wish them all good luck in the Walker Cup.  Bring it home, boys!

•  

I guess they let Fred Couples make the picks for this team also.  Damn shame what he has done for the American Team!

• 1567 points

I don't follow Am golf that close but I thought John Peterson was a lock on the team without question.  Must be something else in play here.

•  

Nelbass

I guess they let Fred Couples make the picks for this team also.  Damn shame what he has done for the American Team!

I almost lost my ice tea through my nose.  You took the words right out of my mouth Sammy.