Golf Channel Am Tour

Golf Channel Am Tour

• 435 points

Are any of you guys part of this Ametuer tour? I would like to play in more tournaments where i can keep my own score.  All they ever seem to have around here are scrambles.  Let me know what you guys think about it.

•  

Not part of it Cody.

•  

not a part of it either

•  

Not here Cody, I'm not good enough to play. Besides it cost money to travel around to different tournaments. Maybe if I was better.

•  

Nope.  I know the topic has been brought up before but I don't believe anyone is participating.

Let us know if you decide to get after it.  Would be interested to hear about it.

•  

Golf Galaxy also has a tour, of sorts, that is much friendlier to the wallet. There are at least a half dozen events to play in, and, it has a handicap system. The problem is, this time of the year, it's every weekend on a soccer field.

•  

Not here, either, Cody.  I have joined a handicap league that plays golf by the USGA rules on a variety of courses.  It's fun, challenging, and most importantly, competitive recorded as tournaments in GHIN.

•  

I don't know were Hilbert Field is, but you are welcome to come play with us in Jacksonville. We play the North Florida Rolling Blitz. It is a t a new course once a month all over from the LPGA in Daytona to Sanctuary Cove in Brunswick GA. The next round is at Amelia National in Amelia Beach.

Let me know I can send you the information.

We use your stated Handicap and you would be stared for the first three rounds to cap you, in case you are sandbagging... Not worth it they find out...

The average price is $50 plus the $10 Team, individual (flighted), and $5 for skins.

Pay 3 spots team, two spots individual, and of course skins will need to be earned, with 140 teeing it up each event... Tons of fun!!!

It is a great group of guys, blind draw for the team, Blue tees 59 and younger White tees 60 and older. They keep you handicap for you also

I have won an Individual, team and  skins, in two years mad close to $600. HDK money, for those that don't know that one... Honey Don't Know Money :)

•  

Not I...not too many events in Michigan area close to my home...most of the courses seem to be way too far for me to consider spending an hour or so driving to play a 5/hr round to drive back home another hour or so...don't have that kind of time away from family.

•  

One area you might to look into to play individual tournaments is your local golf association...here in Michigan we have the GAM (Golf Assoc of Michigan) they host not only local State events (Michigan Amateur, Mid Am...) but also handicapped events (Net Amateur and the like) that are all individual score events...don't know where you live or what kind of local Association you have but it might be worth a try.

•  

Between the course mens association and Oklahoma Golf Association (OGA).  There are plenty of tournaments here to join.  Plus I have a full agenda of benefits and company outings (scrambles) that occupy some of my practice time.

•  

And like Lawton stated.  Any other time is spent traveling watching soccer games/tournies.