References for catergories

References for catergories

•  

I was just wondering if it is possible for a categorization of topics posted in their respective areas.  We get a lot of questions that seem to be repeats from previous postings by current members and was just thinking ( there I go again ) if it were possible to comprise a system of categories with subtopics that pertain to each major topic. I think that would solve a lot of repeats and make looking up various hints and solutions to those problems that arise when new members come on board.

An example: Shoes- subtopic: laces

subtopic: care  of shoes

Maybe staff has some suggestions or those you who are reading this have some ideas.

•  

Eagle, I agree. Gets confusing & frustrating reading the same threads over. Sounds like a job for the FJ Tech Dept.

•  

EAGLE,,, I THINK IN MOST CASES IF YOU USE OUR SEARCH AT THE TOP RIGHT OF THE SCREEN, YOU CAN FIND MOST SUBJECTS.

•  

Sounds like a job for Superman!!

•  

You would have to moderate it like they do at TCC.  Lock a duplicate topic, post a link to the topic already created (so people can still comment on it), and then send the user that created the duplicate topic a personal message letting them know they posted something that's already been posted.

Some people might get upset about it, but it would make for a much cleaner site.  I would imagine it's very time consuming and frustrating, but I'm all for it.

•  

IMO, it sounds like a lot of work and it would be really hard to sub-categorize everything.  I'm ok with the system they have now, if it's a duplicate, I at least know what to say in advance! :)

•  

EMKelly0106

IMO, it sounds like a lot of work and it would be really hard to sub-categorize everything.  I'm ok with the system they have now, if it's a duplicate, I at least know what to say in advance! :)

+1