Favorite golf quotes!

Favorite golf quotes!

• 3852 points

A few of them:

"They say golf is like life, but don't believe them.  Golf is more complicated than that. " ~Gardner Dickinson

"They throw their clubs backwards, and that's wrong.  You should always throw a club ahead of you so that you don't have to walk any extra distance to get it." ~Tommy Bolt, about the tempers of modern players

"If you're caught on a golf course during a storm and are afraid of lightning, hold up a 1-iron.  Not even God can hit a 1-iron."  ~Lee Trevino

"A hole in one is amazing when you think of the different universes this white mass of molecules has to pass through on its way to the hole."  ~Mac O'Grady

"Golf is a game where white men can dress up as black pimps and get away with it." ~Robin Williams, 1986

"You hear stories about me beating my brains out practising, but the truth is, I was enjoying myself. I couldn't wait to get up in the morning, so I could hit balls. When I'm hitting the ball where I want, hard and crisply, it's a joy that very few people experience." ~Ben Hogan

•  

Second Place Sucks!!!

• 630 points

"Golf and sex are the only things you can enjoy without being good at them." Jimmy Demaret.

•  

In all my years of golf, I've never seen the hole go to the ball- Jim Thorpe

•  

i like the one you wrote shank but here is mine GRIP IT AND RIP IT

• 3545 points

"I shoot in the 70's, if it gets any warmer than that I just don't play"   Bob Hope

• 1495 points

I hear a lot of players say a tree is 90% air, those are the players that hit the trunk solid....sure doesn't sound or react like 90% air to me

•  

"This game is hard" Nick Gilliam - Former NCAA Div 1 National Champion and Current FJ Staffer.

•  

"Embrace the hook."

~ Jim Venetos

• 437 points

"I look into their eyes, shake their hand, pat their back, and wish them good luck, but I am thinking, 'I am going to bury you.' " -Seve Ballesteros

“Golf is the cruelest game, because eventually it will drag you out in front of the whole school, take your lunch money and slap you around.”-Rick Reiley

•  

“Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening - and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented.”- Arnold Palmer

• 2777 points

After a extra long drive - "Damn!  You caught that one in the screws."

•  

" Golf is a game that is played on a 5 inch course - the distance between your ears."  -Jones

•  

I also like this one...

"If you want to make any money at this game son...sell your clubs"

• 311 points

"I tell ya, I've seen it all today, this is unbelievable".. ABC newcaster