Wedges

Wedges

•  

This is what my wedges look like after about 3-4 months.  This is why they have to be constantly replaced. =(

•  

That looks familiar... :P

•  

Wish mine would like that... Means hitting the same spot and getting to do it a lot.  Mine don't get enough use.

•  

I know you're a Vokey guy but have you tried the Taylormade with the replaceable soles? I didn't like the feel quite as much but I also don't go through 2 or 3 sets of wedges a year either. I thought the concept was rather unique.

•  

Started something new this year. I bought new Vokey SM wedges last year in 52 and 58 degrees, 2 degrees flat, in the nice new Black Nickel finish.

Found they were wearing down somewhat, mostly due to practicing on an 85-yard hole we have that has very sandy soil, and two practice bunkers.

So, I bought another set this year with my initials stamped on them for game action only. The wear on them is significantly reduced.

I won 200 proshop dollars 10 days ago in a member-member best-ball, so I ordered another identical set (with different color initial stamp) that I plan on putting away for a couple of years.

So my suggestion is to keep a set of practice wedges in the trunk of your car and reduce the wear & tear on your game set!

•  

Have seen the TM's but I am not a fan at all.  Nothing can replace a Vokey.  Great product.

•  

You need to take a good brush and wash those bad boys out ..... LOL

•  

I usually replace mine before they get to that condition. My rule, if the spin mill machining is worn off the face it is time for a new wedge.

•  

Well at least you are hitting dead center. It's a shame that they wear out so fast, how often do you play/hit at the range?

•  

I play or practice pretty much every day, weather permitting.

•  

JBrown.... They were just finished on the range, I just cleaned em with a towel.  They are going to the garage, no need to brush em!

Rick, I usually do too but since tournaments are over for the year and what not I didn't want to spend the money when it doesn't matter.  If I was planning on playing tournaments, they would be in a lot better shape lol.

Whaq, I play/range about 6 days a week, usually excluding Monday's because my club is closed.  I spend a lot of time on the range and the clubs I usually am using are wedges.  I work hard on my short game.

•  

A practice set would work but I don't like the not be used to the clubs I am using.  If I use two different sets, the feeling won't be there and it may affect my performance!

I don't mind replacing them, but I just wish I could get about 5 sets a year free.  Would save me $1500 a year!

•  

You are right a practice set would take away your feel with your game wedges. I admire you ability to dedicate so much time to your game, I would never be able to wear out the middle of a wedge like that.

If playing great golf is worth $1500 in wedges then so be it, golf is expensive hobby.

Do you sell your old wedges? or donate them you could write them off on your taxes.

• 3195 points

Well, at least we know you spend a lot of time working on your wedge game.

•  

Surprisingly, they sit in the garage and collect dust.  I have given some away to friends who are starting or do not have the best equipment.  Some I give to thrift stores and what not but I don't generally sell them, I rather give them away or have them sit in the garage.

This may sound odd but I am not playing as much as I would like right now.  I used to be able to dedicate about 2.5 hours a day to practice but with school (only 1 semester left) I am finding it difficult to find that kind of time.  I am usually only able to get in about 1 hour in and that is when the sun is basically set.  DARN IT!