How many folks have replaced their Wedges either this year or last?

How many folks have replaced their Wedges either this year or last?

•  

I was curious how many individuals have replaced their wedges before the manufacturers are forced away from the box grooves.

Last season I replaced my 54, 60 and 64 degree wedges for the most current. I had forgot how well new wedges seem to spin...

Also while on the subject what are your favorite wedges? I know what the majority of you play and I am the outcast :), however,  I was just curious of what wedges you play and why.

My current setup

Ping Tour W (WRX) 54 adjusted T grind. (I like the reduction of bounce in the T grind...personal preferrance)

Ping Tour W (WRX) 60 adjusted L Grind. (I like the L grind because it will reduce digging even on steep swings, also helps on short dry turf)

Ping Tour W (WRX) 64 adjusted to Tour Grind . (Perfect grind for tight or dry conditions)

•  

I got new ones in the offseason with the old grooves and have no intention of changing anytime soon. I have 2 different sets of wedges depending on what I play. I play all Maltby clubs, I have a few of the Tricepts, a 56 degree Sand Slider Pro, and a 50 degree M series forged

•  

I replaced mine this season.

I carry all Titleist Vokey and they are 52, 56 and 60 deg.

•  

Just put in the third set of Vokey wedges this season.

•  

I got new wedges with the old grooves Titelist 55 and 60 degree but have hit the new grooved wedges as well and saw little difference overall in performance. I don't spin the ball much anyway so less spin out of a little spin is not a huge deal.

•  

I'm still using my i3 wedges: 52 & 56 with a pitching wedge..mine still work great but, have been thinking about trying some new ones

•  

I got new spin milled Vokey's last year around this time, just before the Vokey CG wedges came out. I won't replace these for another year or so, because I'm not like 19, where I play 200 rounds a year....

•  

First, I'm a Vokey guy 100%.  In my opinion, no other wedge compares (and I've tried a lot of brands).

Also, I have replaced them last year, at the beginning of this year then I just ordered some new ones that will be in the bag next year.  I generally replace them once a year since I have been using a groove sharpener and haven't been practicing AS MUCH as I usually do, but still about 5 days a week.

•  

I play the Cleveland CG12 56 and 60 degree that were new LY. Really like them and hope to keep them around for a long time as the are limitted edition ones that have the Canadian flag on them.

Also have an AW and PW that are part of my TM R'7's.

Shaun

•  

GOSH, I AM A WIERD GOLFER.

I HAVE A WEDGE THAT I USE EVERY TIME I PLAY (4-5 TIMES A WEEK) THAT IS 55 YEARS OLD.

I GUESS IT'S NO GOOD ANY MORE. BUT I SURE LIKE IT.

IT WAS GIVEN TO ME BY A OLD WALKER CUPPER NAMED JIMMY JACKSON FROM ST.LOUIS.

•  

Got all new Cleveland CG15's earlier this year and now have replaced them with Vokeys as I don't think the 15's are all they are cracked up to be and the Vokeys are outspinning them on the greens...

Looking for a buyer for my Clevelands...anyone interested...DON'T FORGET I'M A LEFTY!!!

•  

I plan to purchace new irons in Oct.Gonna spring for new wedges as well.I also plan to participate in a club fitting program.I'm a fan of Cleveland but for the right discount(hint,hint Acushnet and Chris) I could be persuaded to play another manufacturers clubs,such as mmmmmmmmmmmmm I don't know maybe Titleist.

•  

DOGLOSKI

GOSH, I AM A WIERD GOLFER.

I HAVE A WEDGE THAT I USE EVERY TIME I PLAY (4-5 TIMES A WEEK) THAT IS 55 YEARS OLD.

I GUESS IT'S NO GOOD ANY MORE. BUT I SURE LIKE IT.

IT WAS GIVEN TO ME BY A OLD WALKER CUPPER NAMED JIMMY JACKSON FROM ST.LOUIS.

No such thing as a "No good club" as long as it works!

• 849 points

Its interesting to hear about all the different wedges you guys use.

I purchased my two wedges this year (Vokey 56 and 64) and am thinking about replacing them at the end of the season. I feel new wedges feel better and inspire more confidence in the Spring. This is probably more mental than anything.

There was an article in Golf Digest that said most amateurs won't notice any difference between new CC wedges and their current square grooves. They emphasized that clean grooves are the most important part of a consistent wedge game.

Good luck out there. More tap-ins the better.

•  

I'm looking at several different wedge brands and wil replace mine in the near future. I will probably work with a fitter since I'm not sure what bounce i Should get. The conditions here are VERY hot & dry with the ground almost as hard as cement in the summer. Not sure what bounce to use for that also the sand is very compact and not at all "fluffy" so I guess that has to be considered as well ?