IS THERE ANYBODY OUT THERE?

IS THERE ANYBODY OUT THERE?

• 1565 points

Just wondering how many members are here on the Foot-Joy DB?

Trying to participate in any thread is VERY FRUSTRATING, there's no-one to talk to.

I like the idea of monitoring posts, but by the time there's a response if any, especially in the tour section, the thread is passe as the next tournament is getting ready to start.

I'd like to invite more friends to join but it's hard to discuss anything when there's a 24 hour waiting period between comments.  Most of my friends are former PGA Tour players, instructors,  and regular goofs(golfers) looking for a place to pass on knowledge, and stories.  We left the Golf Channel DB because it's become a trash site for inane bickering and trashing and I'm the guinea pig to see if this is the place.

Is it?

SLIM 

•  

SLIM.....RELAX MAN.  THIS IS THE TIME OF YEAR WHEN PEOPLE ARE OUTSIDE DOING YARD WORK, PLAYING WITH KIDS AND GRAND KIDS,AND GOLFING!

I MYSELF HAVE SLOWED DOWN ON THIS DB BECAUSE I AM DOING THINGS I COULDN'T DO IN THE WINTER.  EG.  I DO A LOT OF EBAY SELLING IN THE SUMMER.(BWEMRICH IS USER NAME) AND SPEND A LOT OF TIME LISTING AND SHIPPING ITEMS.  AND NOW I GET OUT TO PLAY SOME GOLF TOO.

I THINK IT IS NATURAL THAT THE ACTIVITY DIES DOWN.  IT WILL PICK UP AGAIN WHEN WE ARE ALL COOPED UP IN OUR HOUSES WATCHING THE SNOW FLY AND THE ICE ACCUMULATE. 

ALSO I HAVE NOTICED THE ACTIVITY ON THE TOUR FORUM IS MORE DURING THE MAJORS WEEKS

STILL A GOOD COMMENT AND I READ EVERYTHING THAT GETS POSTED

KEEP THAT SMOOTH SWING GOING MAN....IT IS VERY NICE TO WATCH

•  

nice out and everyone is out playing golf perhaps

•  

Slim ...

Sorry to hear you don't think there are people to talk to in here.  I can assure you that there are a host of people actively participating in the community and that we monitor Forum posts on a regular basis throughout the day.

We are happy to have you and look forward to your continued participation.

ML

• 1565 points

Mike,

So far I'm glad to be here too.  I'm also happy that you DO monitor posts.  I think it's a matter of finding what topics will trigger responses.

I was hoping that the thread to show your swing video would go which might have opened the door for analysis or theory.

My buds and I had gotten accustomed to bantering on the Golf Channel but it's been taken over by those only making personal attacks when disagreed with or who post only to agitate.  One by one we've said adios.

Have you considered a block devoted to instruction?  Making a video  a requirement for help would bring in the better instructors.  Just a thought.

Anywho, thanks for your response and I'll be sticking around.  Have a good day.

SLIM

•  

I, for one, have been pleasantly surprised at the long hours that Mike/Chris and the staff have been putting in. With graduation and end of year activities for my children, my only opportunities to post have been early in the morning or late at night. I have frequently seen my posts appear within minutes, if not, within an hour or so of my actual activity. Since I am in a different time zone than the FJ staff, I was surprised to see my evening posts show up that quickly.

•  

I'M HERE.

NOT VERY EXCITING CONVERSING WITH AN OLD COOT THAT DOESN'T PLAY VERY WELL BUT I DO LOG IN EVERY DAY.

I PLAY AT 7:32 EVERY WEEKDAY AND IT'S SO HOT DOWN HERE (93 TODAY) THAT I COME HOME SHOWER AND LOG ON FOR AN HOUR OR SO AND READ EVERY NEW POST.(OR TRY TO).

•  

Slim, Just relax. There are more people out here than you may realize and every one of us is listening and watching to make sure that this forum and community stay the way it is. The staff has really been on top of things and many responses are done on a timely basis. I know that at times a response may not come back as fast as one would like, but with all those involved, it does take longer at times. And I for one, would be more than happy to see some more professionals and serious golfers enter into this community. The info that they possess is invaluable to those of us who are here. We all need help at one time or another and those with the knowledge are more than welcome.

•  

Yes,to answer your question there is.As the others have  said previously it is time for golf,and our many other pursuits.The "Genral Forum" is agreat  place to get feedback on any questions you  may have,be patitent as it takes a little time to get a full responce.Lastly I hope you enjoy the community,and don't forget to enter the various contests you  will find.

•  

Slim,

Just to let you know -  I go to the community at least twice a day.  Normally in the morning then later in the afternoon; however, today I just checking in -  played 18 starting at 9:00.  Just got back in the office around 2:00 -  hoping to go back for at least another nine at 4:00

GO HOKIES

•  

Santeeslim, we are all here...its one of those things that without the ability to immediately have a posting post, the veterans from the website know it usually takes a bit of time to postings to become active so I know for myself...I get online once a day and try to spend time checking out all the forums and replying to those posts that I'm interested in.

Hope this helps.

•  

We are all here.

It's with spending more time on the course, the range, or even the lawn that less time is spent here.  When things on tour and the weather cools off there will be quicker responses and more frequent posts.

•  

Slim, we are here. Some of us don't have golf weather all year, so when it is the season we are out there hitting that little white ball and enjoying the surroundings. As far as getting tips on the forum, I've gotten a few and some advice on other golf related things.

• 1565 points

Bruce,

Being on the southern left coast where snow is something we visit maybe every 2 or 3 years, I can picture the first day of golf or practice for many.  In San Diego, bundling up for a cold golf day might be a sweater or windbreaker and once arriving at the course of choice, the slim possibility of a frost delay.  In other words we're terribly spoiled.

Again, thanks for the swing compliment.  I'm working on a slight grip change, moving the hands slighlly over to the right.  Very small change but it's keeping me from a small sway and has improved the crispness of my iron play.

Enjoy those kids and grand kids! 

SLIM

•  

Slim,  Just letting you know - checking the community again -  this time early Thursday morning.

I'm with the Grumpy One -  weathers nice - time to play -  27 yesterday.  Trying to figure out how to make that happen today.

GO HOKIES  (trouble is -  off to the ACC baseball tournament in a few hours)