YESTERDAY'S ROUND

YESTERDAY'S ROUND

•  

I got the chance to go out and play my first full 18 walking round of the season on a course I have not played before. It was supposed to be a two foursome group, but someone bailed at the last minute and then the whole thing fell apart. I wound up going out as a single to follow the Ladies' Thursday Casual League. The starter said he couldn't put me out on 10 or get me out ahead. As the group directly in front of me teed off, they asked me if I wanted to play in front of them. I wound up passing and playing through a few more groups but it looked like there was no end in sight, just cart full after cart full of Lady's League. I am a patient person but the pace was excruciatingly slow. Just as I was about to make the turn after shanking a 9 iron that I stood over for a good 5 minutes, I started to practice my nicest Can I Please Play Through. Then just like that, the Ladies headed for home! The back was wide open. So much so that I thought I made a wrong turn, but sure enough I was standing on 10 tee box. I caught up to a threesome on 14 tee, one of the guys asked if I'd like to play with them. The guy happened to be a caddy at the local course that has the incredible guest policies we posted about. I asked if he'd seen them. He said he hadn't but asked what a few of them were. After kidding around a bit, I asked him about the business of sub 4 hour rounds. He said that it's good for the caddies. I asked do players pick up, not take practice shots, all have single digit handicaps, what? He answered yes. I asked if the policy is strictly enforced. He said that since there is a half million dollar membership fee, there's not too much anyone can do about it, but violators names are written down. He's going to go read the policies.

•  

Half million dollar membership fee? Just goes to show that some people have more money than brains.

•  

You lucked out with the ladies not making the turn. 

To think if you had started on the back 9 you might not have met that person and got the information you did.  I'm stuck on the 1/2 mill membership fee.

•  

Ah Circle.... The angst of a single player! We've all been there, done that, got a t-shirt and program.

But think about it.... you were playing golf on what should have been a beautiful day. And you ended up making another friend. All good!

•  

Half a million... sounds nice.  I hope you get free beverages :)

•  

Sounds like an interesting day.

Look at it on the brightside, it beats going to work anyday.