Ongoing search for my new grip

Ongoing search for my new grip

•  

Ive been trying to find what will become MY grip. Im not sure what Im looking for, but I wont stop till I find the one. I had always just used whatever came with the clubs until last year. I am somewhat linited to the fact that I need midsize. My first attempt in the search was the Winn hybrids and I hated, possibly even despised them. My next set was Lamkin Crossline Cords. I liked them at first till the cord started to chew up my hands a bit too much. So I decided to stop buying sets and start buying one grip at a time until I find it. I started this year with the Golf Pride Tour Wrap 2G and I liked it but theres something about it that I cant put my finger on. Today I purchased a Lamkin Performance Plus 3Gen. I havent hit with it, but I love the way it feels so far. Has anyone gone through this much to find their grips?

•  

Not really.  I just love the GP Multi-Compound Decades.   So when I decide on shafts they must coordinate with the grip colors!  LOL

•  

I can't say that I have searched that hard for the grip I want to use. The Golf Pride New Decade are the ones I use, and yes they can be a bit tought on the hands, but you get used to it.

What is more important to me is that they are not worn and smooth. I tend to replace them as often as every three weeks!

•  

I've only used GP and have now used the Decade Multicompound.  Excellent grip in all types of weather especially when it gets very humid.  Highly recommend you trying them.  I had a PGA Professional tell me to try grips on one or two clubs to get a feel without doing the entire set which will save you some money.

•  

Hendricks

I'm now using the GP New Decades.... In the "search for the perfect grip" I've changed a couple times per year.... Yes, it is a tough choice.

•  

johndeere10

Not really.  I just love the GP Multi-Compound Decades.   So when I decide on shafts they must coordinate with the grip colors!  LOL

me too, love em!

•  

My problem with the GP Decades is they seem to get hard too quickly and at $8.00 a pop, I cant afford to replace them often enough. Im looking for something that will either stay softer longer or is cheap enough that I can replace them as often as necessary

•  

I'm one of the GP multi-compound lovers.  Switched to them a couple years ago and I love them, great grips.  They won't chew up your hands like you've experienced and they have great longevity.  I would suggest giving them a shot.

•  

I've gone with the GP Multi-Compound also.  Something about the Orange I can get on the Grip.  Although I'm going with the Pink one on the new driver.

GO HOKIES

•  

I've fooled with grips for a long time, and now finally have the majority of my clubs with Golf Pride New Decade. Best grip I have ever used and my thanks go to 19thhole and Kelly for the tip on using these grips.

•  

The tour wrap 2g's are tacky and surprisingly soft... the multi compounds are solid...the lamkin 3gen's are ok... here are a couple alternatives... lamkin crossline cords, iomic sticky, golfpride v-55 cords.... awesome!!!

•  

breakingpar09

The tour wrap 2g's are tacky and surprisingly soft... the multi compounds are solid...the lamkin 3gen's are ok... here are a couple alternatives... lamkin crossline cords, iomic sticky, golfpride v-55 cords.... awesome!!!

I have the crossline cords now and they are tearing up my right hand. The 2Gs just dont feel right. The Iomics are too expensive. As for the V-55s, I know this is not a good reason, but the arrow / thumb alignment aid is just too phallic looking to me, I could never use them. I am liking the 3gens so far, just need to go hit it.

• 1782 points

During the early summer I go to GP's Tour Velvet BCT Cord  I went red last year.  My hands sweat a lot in the summer so I love the cords.  My driver has a GP New Decade Multicompound - I like this one too and it comes in mid-size.  Only issue I hear on these grips if you don't take great care of them, the rubber gets slippery.   

I used to be a mid-size grip user.  I wear XL/XL cadet gloves.  The issue I found was I was fading the ball too much.  Common problem with people who change to mid-size.  I found a regular grip with 2-3 rolls of tape underneath does the job.  I go to two when I want to start drawing the ball. 

•  

I already add a couple layers of tape to the midsize. Thats why I cant do standard + tape, that would end up being about 11 layers of tape to get where I need it

•  
    I'm using WINN mid-size right now. What would be the difference if I use standard +2 tape wraps ??? would that be the same as a mid-size or a bit smaller. The standard seems too small and the mid-size a bit big so how could I split the difference ???