Sky Caddie yardages

Sky Caddie yardages

•  

Has anyone seen a yardage this is incorrect from Skycaddie?

The reason I ask is I know how far I hit each of my clubs and I have overshot some greens by 5 yds on several different courses (not every hole , maybe only one on that course) that they have listed as 5 star courses. So "Supposedly" by that they,  should have walked each hole.

I have noticed that on a few different courses that I have played. Two friends of mine also have sky caddies and I have looked at their yardages and seen the same thing also.

Has anyone here seen this happen?

•  

Bumping this one back up.

I had this problem again yesterday. Has anyone seen an inaccurate reading from their skycaddie? on other golf GPS product?

Thanks

Tim

•  

They all have the possibility to be incorrect by a few yards. Thats the nature of the technology. Some are more accurate than others. Ive only heard one person say anything about inaccurate Skycaddies and they updated their firmware and the problem was fixed.

•  

Thanks for the reply.

You are correct,  all can be off by a couple of yards , but I don't think they should be off by ten concidering they walk each hole on 5 stars courses. I may only see it on a hole, maybe two at most.

That is the part I am trying to figure out.

•  

I have seen them off slightly, but mostly due to signal interferance with the SkyCaddie. The other factors that the Sky Caddie does not account for are wind and elevation changes.

This also begs the question: Are you absolutley sure that you know your yardages to that accuracy? Very few players that are not on Tour are that consistant in thier yardages. No offence meant, but it is pretty true.

•  

19hole

I have seen them off slightly, but mostly due to signal interferance with the SkyCaddie. The other factors that the Sky Caddie does not account for are wind and elevation changes.

This also begs the question: Are you absolutley sure that you know your yardages to that accuracy? Very few players that are not on Tour are that consistant in thier yardages. No offence meant, but it is pretty true.

No offense was taken in your post, thanks for the reply. You are correct on elevation and wind are not accounted for in the skycaddie. However, I do know my yardages especially from 150 yds and in. I may be off by two or three yds, but not 10 yds.

That is what has me scratching my head and why I was asking this question to our group to see if anyone else has seen this.

•  

I HAVE A CALLAWAY UPRO.  I HAD A GARMIN GOLFLOGIX BUT THE UPRO IS BY FAR MUCH BETTER.  I HAVE PLAYED COURSES THAT HAVE VERYGOOD GPS UNITS IN THEIR CARTS AND THE UPRO AND THE CART GPS WERE NEARLY DEAD ON WITH EACH OTHER AND WITH THE YARDAGES I KNOW I HIT MY CLUBS.  I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND THE UPRO

•  

I've never really had a problem with yardages on the Sky Caddie -  I carry a Laser Range Finder also and those yardages are "spot-on".  I have seen some differences between Sky Caddie & other GPS systems that use photographs to determine yardages.  Sometimes back of green issues can arise  if you don't move the Sky Caddie pointer to approximate line of pin (when pins are extremely left or right parts of greens).

Go HOKIES

•  
    I haven't had any problems with my SkyCaddie. I had the original SG2 and recently got the SG4. both work well and I really don't play good enough (...yet...) to play to the EXACT yardage anyway ... I use it as a general yardage to shoot to and usually get pretty close. If I hit a shot and land it close to what it says I'm good with it :-)
  •  

My SkyCaddie G4 is pretty accurate. Like JBrown, I'm not good enough to be able to dial in an exact yardage on each swing, but I appreciate knowing how far it is to the center of the green or to/over a hazard.

•  

I do not own a Skycaddie but, a few friends of mine do and I've never heard of any problems from them.