2010 Season Starts!

2010 Season Starts!

•  

Oh happy day. It was sort of warm enough (48) to head out head out to an open range and hit balls. Not off plastic, but real grass with real balls. Actually I was surprised that while not nice Titleists, this range had just replenished with Callaway range balls. So all new pellets to use.

Oh it felt so good to swing away and hit freely out side. There really was no plan except to work my way through the bag and just get some feel and tempo back, which was a bit tough because the wind was a bit cold. I'm not going to complain, because a March 27 opportunity in Michigan to be hitting balls is just Okee Dokee with me.

Oh yes, and I used both new pairs of Icoins to break them in a bit. Very comfy all around. They actually feel as if I'd worn them extensively, so I'm pleased the break-in period isn't bad at all.  

•  

Extremely happy for you. 

I know I went out earlier this month and felt phenomenal. 

Enjoy the weather and enjoy the shoes.

•  

Sounds good. I could have taken a little trip to the range this afternoon after a St. Patrick's Parade but was already worn out. I'll get there soon.

•  

FINALLY, GOLF HAS RETURNED TO0 MICHIGAN

saturday march 27, 2010, no snow, starting temperature about 40 degrees and mostly sunny.  first full round of the year and it was wonderful.  eight fairways hit and 5 greens in regulation.  33 putts on the day.  45 on the front 9 and 39 on the back.  6 pars and 2 birds.  probably going to be my best round of the year but i'm not gonna give up trying to beat it.

great way to start the year and that's a fact.

•  

Lucky you. It turned cold again here this weekend and in the last 10 days we have had over 14" of rain. Looks like we may lose 5 or 6 greens before the course opens this year.

I told you that the ICONs didn't really need any breakin!!!!

•  

Tar Heel, congrats on your first Spring expedition. I only beat you by a couple of days. You're so right that it feels good to be out and hit again.

•  

When did you switch shoes? Long Iron/Short iron? Wedges/ Driver?

Nice that there is hope in sight for warmer weather isn't it

•  

Congrats on being able to get out and get your season started. Hopefully the weather will continue to improve for you can get in some actual links time as well.

•  

I have never seen anyone bring 2 pairs of shoes to a range before. Must have gotten a few raised eyebrows.

•  

Thanks folks! As it turns out, today it's back to 30's and rain. ICK!

19, man I'm sorry to hear about those greens. That's just bad and I'm hopeful things can be saved. Good luck my friend. And yes, you did tell me about the Icon break in. I am just so happy with these new shoes. They are awesome and are already getting stares and comments from people. Like that!

Mizuno... I guess I changed them around the 7 iron I think. No particular reason except I had put both in the car to show someone at work on Friday and they were still there. So I took the opportunity....

•  

Tar Heel, I am hoping you are looking forward to some of the weather we are supposed to get in Ohio this week, 70s by end of week!

•  

cleanfan, where in Ohio are you? Im in Columbus

•  

Cold and windy all weekend will give way to 70's and possibly 80 this week in KC. I may not get a round in this week but I will definately be sneaking out to the range a few times.

•  

70's in Milwaukee later this week and already have plans for 9 one day and 18 the next! I am sure the snow is not done yet, but glad to see a stretch of warm this early in the year.

TH,

Hope our nice weather is heading your way, but think you have a small trip or something planned soon don't you?? : )

•  
    I'm looking forward to a GREAT 2010 season !