Question Re Posts

Question Re Posts

•  

how would i find out that a post has not been approved to the forum?

•  

Just check with the staff by posting a question to them. Just click on their name in one of their posts and start a conversation. They will return with your answer as soon  as possible.

•  

great question, I have been wondering about that myself. I bet that Mike and Chris have a criteria and a method of informing us. I look forward to the answer.

•  

In my short time here I figured that if it did not post it did not approve,

•  

I'd have to agree, no notice equals no post.

•  

I get messages saying that my post has been approved. I would love to NOT get these, as it sometimes gets annoying if I have posted alot in the evening and I get like 7 EMail alerts during the night.

•  

I would guess that you would get an e-mail telling you that the post was not approved, similar to the ones you get when a post is approved.

Chris/Mike?

•  

hendricks97

I get messages saying that my post has been approved. I would love to NOT get these, as it sometimes gets annoying if I have posted alot in the evening and I get like 7 EMail alerts during the night.

I agree ... It's not so bads except I have to keep deleting them to clean out my in box and it does get anoying after a while ......

•  

Yeah, I petitioned awhile ago to try and get the approval emails to stop but never heard anything back about it.

Whenever I have had a post not approved I have received a private message from Chris telling me.  Only has happened twice that I recall and once was during the whole TW situation, before we really know what was going on I speculated and it was denied.  Other than that, I would assume they just don't show up. 

Most posts don't get denied unless they are vulger or directed at someone in an inappropriate way for the forum.

•  

Hey Mike and Chris, I was just wondering if a "not approved" message goes out or not. I had a post from the 23rd that I do not see up on the board yet and I wonder if it's lost in cyberspace or if I made a posting infraction? I'm curious because that same day, I had to post my "IJP Tavistock blue shoe" twice because when I hit post the first time, I was taken directly to the login screen where I had to login to my account, but then I was not sure if my post was submitted. It turned out that my post wasn't submitted so I just re-wrote it and posted again. 

•  

Hi everyone,

This is obviously an important topic so my apologies for not responding sooner. First of all, I'm not sure what we can do about sending the emails to let you know a post has been approved. I'll have to look in to that and see if there is a setting that allows you to turn it off. Similarly, if we can send an automated post when an item has not been approved. As Eric and others have stated, we like to respond to the author directly to let them know a post has not been approved and the reason but as the number of posts has really picked up to start the year, we just haven't been able to keep up in getting back to you. Sorry for that. Please feel free to send either Mike or I a PM if you have questions about a post that was not approved. We're happy to discuss.

Unfortunately, there are no hard guidelines for whether a post is approved or rejected and I would say we've only rejected maybe 20 out of the thousands we receive. As you might expect, most revolve around the situation with the world's number one player. If a post is suggestive or inappropriate, it would obviously also be rejected. Also, we try to limit the number of posts about players who are under agreement with other shoe/glove manufacturers. We let more through than we should, understanding that news in the golf world does not always just include FJ players but sometimes we'll freeze a discussion about a competing player (ie. Daly) if it goes on for too long or just avoid the discussion all together. It's really subjective and we try to approve everything. There are just some items that we deem inappropriate for a number of reasons.

Hopefully this makes sense. I know, ideally, we would approve everything, or even remove moderation, but our job is to ensure this community and the content within it, is appropriate and consistent with the core values of our brand.

Thank you all for your patience and understanding. I'll try to get more information on the notification emails and get back to you. In the meantime, let Mike or I know if you have any questions,

Thanks,

Chris

•  

Thanks for the update !!!

•  

Chris,

Thanks for the info, totally agree the content needs to stay consistent with the core values of the FJ brand.

•  

Chris,

Thanks for the quick response. As usual you are doing a fine job of keeping on top of things.

•  

Thanks for the information.  Know I can work on sensoring myself a little bit to make it easier on you guys!  Keep up the good work!