FJ AMBASSADORS-INDIVIDUALS GOLF COURSE MAINTENANCE RESPONSIBILITY

FJ AMBASSADORS-INDIVIDUALS GOLF COURSE MAINTENANCE RESPONSIBILITY

•  

JUST THINKING;

WE, THE FOOTJOY AMBASSADORS COULD BE SPOKESPEOPLE FOR INDIVIDUALS RESPONSIBILITY OF GOLF COURSE MAINTENANCE.

WE ALL KNOW THAT MAINTENANCE OF A GOLF COURSE IS VERY EXPENSIVE.

WE ALL KNOW THAT IF THERE WAS LESS MAINTENANCE FOR THE CREWS TO DO THE COST OF RUNNING THE COURSE WOULD DROP/OR AT LEAST NOT RISE CAUSING OUR DUES/FEES TO INCREASE.

HOW CAN WE AFFECT THESE COSTS? BY INDIVIDUALLY DOING THOSE THINGS THAT THE MAITENANCE CREWS HAVE TO DO OR AT LEAST REDUCING THE TIME TO DO THEM.

THERE ARE MANY THINGS WE CAN DO AND EDUCATE OUR PARTNERS IN DOING;

o USE THE 90 DEGREE RULE ON ALL CART PATHS

o WATCH WHERE YOU DRIVE THE CARTS IN WET WEATHER

o DO NOT DRIVE CARTS ONTO FAIRWAYS ON PAR THREES.

o REPAIR ALL DIVOTS

o REPAIR YOUR BALL MARK AND ONE MORE ON EVERY GREEN

o BE CAREFUL TO PICK UP YOUR FEET ON THE GREENS

o SET YOUR BAG OFF OF THE FIRST CUT NEAR THE GREENS

o KEEP THE CARTS ON THE CART PATHS AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE NOT THREE FEET OFF OF THEM

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,THERE ARE SO MANY MORE.

WE AS A GROUP COULD MAKE A DIFFERENCE.

WHAT SAY YE??

•  

Dog, I assume that as FJ Ambassadors we all already do all of those things! It's amazing how many people don't, though, and the best way to educate others is by example.

•  

I am guilty of quite a few off that list.  Or I should say that until I knew better I was guilty. 

•  

EXACTLY GOLFCHICK.BUT TAKING IT ONE STEP FURTHER ie, REPAIR THE OTHER GUYS DIVOT SO THAT HE SEES YOU, REPAING HIS BALL MARK ON THE GREEN WITH A 'I GOT THIS ONE FOR YOU",,,,ETC., AND POINT OUT WHY YOU ARE DOING IT.-EDUCATE.

BE AGGRESIVE WHILE TEACHING OTHERS

•  

I agree that the individuals visiting this site likely already do these things. Maybe the way we could affect changes would be to encourage others to also follow these common sense rules.

DOG, I think you were working on the Ambassador's roles and responsibilities, let's add this list of items to that list.

John

•  

This is an interesting dialog on a couple levels. Certainly as Ambassadors, not just to FJ, but as representatives of the game. I say that because part of the rich history of golf is around the way in which the game itself gets played. Players police themselves, and enforce the rules of the game, but also the spirit of the game.

So Dog's comments about setting the right example is on point. But it goes even farther than that. I will use Bruce's example from his post on mentoring. By engaging in that activity, he (we) can help others understand the subtle do's and don'ts of golf.

So when we play, set the right example. Help others along the way. Provide positive feedback when someone possibly acts in the wrong way (not fixing divots or repairing ball marks), and be a positive example. It actually sounds alot like how we should behave in general, doesn't it?

And John, you are only about 700 points off FJA status. Look forward to seeing you on the other side. 

•  

Very well said DOG. I think all golfers have a responsibility to the game and should not only respect the courses they play on but mentor to any others the things that need to be upheld in order to maintain the integrity of this great game which include many of the items listed in this forum.

• 1232 points

well said,, although there will always be those few people that think they can do what they want on the course because they have been there for years

•  

These are all great suggestions, but it's hard to teach common sense to some people.

I do my part and more to fix what I can, and my regular group of players do also. (The superintendent is a good friend) But some players take offense if you ask them to please do something simple like repair divots on greens and fairways.(I don't understand why) They don't seem to understand the fact that it's a "GENTLEMENS GAME".   So that just makes me into the A-hole guy in the marshals cart.

•  

sounds good to me. i'll do my part.

•  

I always try to leave the greens in the best shape possible by fixing a few extra ball marks. I also follow the 90 degree rule at all times and keep to the cart path iside 100 yards of the green. I really have those who tear up the course. I have no problem with elderly or handicap players but it does bother me when they take advantage and tear up the course. I'm not sure if all courses do this but the ones here let those who are are older or handicap put a red flag on the back of the cart so the marshalls know they can drive down the fairway and up to the green. I have seen some take advatage of this and one guy actually drove onto the green because he "HAD A BAD LEG" ??? That really ticked me off and I had to report that one. I feel all have just as much right to the course but some do take advatange and really do a lot of damage !!!

•  

JBrown8451

I have seen some take advatage of this and one guy actually drove onto the green because he "HAD A BAD LEG" ???

I have 2 bad knees and I would never dream of doing anything like that. If his legs were really that bad, I doubt he would be playing at all.

•  

I call for the production of the FJ Ambassador Divot Tool!!!!

Who's with me?

•  

I agree with Breaking....and congrats on making it to Ambassador.

•  

Sweet ! I'm not an ambassador yey but it sounds like a great idea to me !!!