SPARKS

SPARKS

•  

Has anyone ever swung their driver on the range, scraped the mat, and see sparks?

It happened to me the other day and it completely caught me by surprise.

•  

STATIC ELECTRICITY. HAPPENS ALL THE TIME EVEN WITHOUT A MAT.

•  

That has happened to me a few times. Not really sure why but it is pretty cool .....

•  

Seen it happen a few times when I was dipping. Keeping your head up will eliminate the sparks.

•  

THAT'S A NEW ONE ON ME.  I HAVE NEVER SEEN THAT AND I HOPE I NEVER DO.

•  

HEY PABLO......WHEN YOU MOVE UP TO A NEW DRIVER .....SAVE THAT ONE......YOU CAN USE IT TO LIGHT THE CHARCOAL GRILL.....LOL

•  

It is actually the metal in the driver reacting with very small sand/rock particles on the mat or ground. This became very common with the introduction of titanium drivers but you may also see it with your irons.

•  

As 19 says, happens all the time with Titanium. That first couple times you see it though can really shake you up a bit...

•  

I've also seen sparks - like someone else said -  A little bit of sand on the driver face.

Go HOKIES

•  

Yep, titanium driver + sand or a rock = sparks. You don't see it with the irons, just metal woods.

•  

i have seen it before but i try not to reproduce the fireworks show.

•  

Circle T

i have seen it before but i try not to reproduce the fireworks show.

It happened a few times without trying.  I think if I tried to do it on purpose it wouldn't happen.

•  

Went out today and no sparks.

Sweet.

•  

Sounds like you have either gotten into a good grove or you got your new driver.

•  

Pablo Rosales

Went out today and no sparks.

Sweet.

Thats good !  I have a big ouchie in my 7 iron :-(  I went to hit it one time on the course and I had no idea there was a roch imbedded in the ground under my ball so when I took  my swing .... BANG ... right into the rock ..... 7 iron took a nasty hit and it got a big gash in the sole   :-(