WHAT MAKES CAMERON PUTTERS SO POPULAR???? AND SO EXPENSIVE?????

WHAT MAKES CAMERON PUTTERS SO POPULAR???? AND SO EXPENSIVE?????

•  

JUST CURIOUS.......WHAT MAKES THE SCOTTY CAMERON PUTTERS SO POPULAR AND SO EXPENSIVE?

SEEMS LIKE A LOT OF MONEY FOR A PUTTER.................................

I'M NOT DOWN ON THEM, JUST WANT TO KNOW WHAT IT IS ABOUT THEM THAT CAUSES SO MANY GOLFERS TO SPEND THE MONEY THEY DO ON THEM.

•  

Bruce

It's all about the snob appeal baby! OK, not so much.

Seriously.... Scotty uses German Stainless Steel (GSS) which is a quite expensive material. The way each putter is milled also plays into the overall costs of the product. Then there's the better than average cover, so you roll up to a big cost.

Here is my take. I started using a Studio Design 5.0 about 6 years ago. I just love this putter and have never felt another that does the trick for me. As we all know, once you find something that works (mentally too), you just stick with it.

Finally, there is the Custom Shop. No one else lets you send in you putter for personalization and customization like Scotty does. Think of it as the ultimate MyJoys experience. My putter is 100% "mine". My color scheme, grip and initials. No one else has one. Shaun is the same way, as he bought one of my Cameron's last year. Ask Nock Poz too, he's a big Cameron Collector guy. It's just the best out there....

•  

Bruce,

I think it is the quality of the product and the materials. I was never a Scotty guy until I tried one, and then was sold! The feel of the ball and the weight of the putter, for me, are the best i have ever used. being made in the USA is pretty cool also.

Plus the headcovers are pretty sweet.

Shaun

•  

i've tried alot of different putters and Scotty feels the best. i don't know the science behind it, just love them. i'm also a huge collector of different things, so i'm starting to be huge on these putters.

now having said that, i have 3 scotty putters. but i've paid less than $200 for all 3. i'm not huge on the headcovers just cause they're expensive and if i spend the money on them i wouldn't really use them. there are deals to have out there, just have to find them. good luck.

•  

Snob appeal...couldn't have said it better Tar Heel!!!

•  

It's true they are expensive but definitely worth the money IMO. I have three at the moment and they all are fantastic in feel, weight and looks. Like Tar Heel said about putting being mental, they inspire a lot of confidence on the greens. they also have a lot of cool accessories such as the headcovers, divot tools etc. I've been a big fan for several years now.

•  

Just bought one today. California Coronado. Amazing... it talks to you while you are putting.....really...it says " Look how pretty I am. I can do anything"  Plus it works because you are just staring at how beautiful it is and you never move your head. It will hypnotize you into becoming a better putter. Really. It's worth it.  Don't get me going about the feel off the club face.....

•  

I went to the store a couple years ago with every intention of picking up a Circa and I ended up walking out with my Yes! Tracey. I tried about 30 different putters, including every Cameron they had and sunk almost twice as many shots with Tracey as I did with any other putter and I saved almost $200.00

•  

Randy... I don't think your standard SC's are using GSS anymore but I think a 303 stainless or carbon steel?  Maybe a GSS Insert in some putter... I'm not sure, I will wait for Nick's response here. 

The reason they are so expensive and popular is because people caught wind I was using one in my bag and everyone decided they needed to be like me so SC saw my popularity as a reason to raise prices and mass produce. =)

•  

EMKelly0106

Randy... I don't think your standard SC's are using GSS anymore but I think a 303 stainless or carbon steel?  Maybe a GSS Insert in some putter... I'm not sure, I will wait for Nick's response here. 

The reason they are so expensive and popular is because people caught wind I was using one in my bag and everyone decided they needed to be like me so SC saw my popularity as a reason to raise prices and mass produce. =)

As Maggie said to Noonan "Tanx for nuttin"

•  

WELL BRUCE ABOUT 2 YEARS AGO I WENT OUT AND TEST PUTTED A WHOLE BUNCH OF DIFFERENT PUTTERS INCLUDING 5-6 SCs.

AFTER ABOUT 2 HOURS I WALKED OUT WITH A NEVER COMPROMISE.

JUSY 'CAUSE IT FELT BETTER THAT DAY.

•  

i had a yes putter before i got stuck on camerons. they make great putters. i don't think camerons are the only putter in the world to buy, but if you can afford it or find a deal, its definitely worth it.

•  

just bought my first, a napa and i love the look of it. they are extremely collectable as well. scotty produces some of his putters in limited numbers which also adds to the price. they are definitely quality pieces of art and worth every penny. just take a look at what the number one player in the world plays when i'm sure nike would rather have one of their putters in his hands all things being equal. it's like anything else, they are very popular which in turn makes them very demanded which drives price.

•  

As a long time Cameron Collector I would venture to say that the reason behind the cost is the fact that they are milled from a block or steel and not cast. The high-end putters are priced the way they are because of simple market dynamics, it's all about supply and demand. Scotty is the king of creating a limited supply and a high demand.

•  

Hand stamping and finishes adds a great deal to the cost!