ALIGNMENT STICKS

ALIGNMENT STICKS

•  

HAVE ANY OF YOU FOLKS HAD A CHANCE TO WORK WITH ALIGNMENT STICKS.

I HAVE NOTICED THEM AT PRACTICE RANGES AND REALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO USE THEM.

I THINK YOU CAN BUY A PAIR WITH INSTRUCTION BOOK FOR +/- $15

•  

I DON'T USE THE STICKS.  I JUST USE CLUBS WHEN TEACHING.  USING THE STICKS OR CLUBS IS GREAT FOR BALL POSITION IN RELATION TO FEET AND ALSO FOR DIRECTION.  YOU CAN EASILY MAKE A PAIR OUT OF OLD SHAFTS OR WOODEN DOWELS

•  

Have never used them, but the few people I have spoken to say that they have helped. 

I would like to see them being used in person so that I can ask and watch. 

•  

You can pick em up at a hardware store for around $3 each.  They are just marking sticks.

I found this site that sells them also.

http://www.hyviz.com/hyvis/drive.htm

•  

Have used them and they are great, really help with your stance and alignment to your target. My tip is go to Lowes and buy the $1.99 colored stakes instead. Same thing for much less $$.

•  

I have a pair of driveway markers I got from Home Depot for a couple bucks that work great. Bright orange with a pointed end that go in the ground easily for things other than alignment.

•  

I have the drive way markers as well, orange with a pointed end that sticks into the ground well.  I have 3 that I use, one is my foot line and the others I set up just in front of me about 4 inches apart that I hit my ball through to make sure I'm on line.  Sometimes I also set them up so I have to fade or draw the ball around it, works very well to help with your ball control and shaping.

•  

Don't use them...I think we've had this discussion thread or something similar because I think Tar Heel was giving me the business about using my clubs and putting them on the ground and he commented about not wanting to get his clubs wet when putting them on the ground...

Others I talk to tell me they are valuable, I just like using clubs on the ground to guide me alignment when practicing.

•  

emkelly---YOU HIT A BALL THROUGH TWO STICKS FOUR INCHES APART?

GOODNESS GRAVY. ALL I WOULD HAVE WOULD BE A PILE OF SPLINTERS.

GREAT TIPS THOUGH I THINK I'LL PUT MINE SIX INCHES APART TO SAVE THE FO-LOLRESTS

•  

a lot of guys at my club uses them and loves them. i just bought 2 at target i think for a couple dollars each. but i have noticed a lot of guys on the tour actually carrying them during play. but i'm excited to start using them as soon as it gets warmer.

•  

They were a hot item at the PGA Show, tons of people walking around with them because they had a show special and you could buy a sample set cheap. Don't some of you guys also use them inserted in the ground at an angle for a swing plane check?

•  

the swing plane was what i was wanting to use them for. but i'm not sure how to use them for that if i'm practicing by myself.

•  

Brian, I always carry mine in the bag even during competition.  Usually use them on the range before the round anyways so they are almost always in my bag.

DOG, I started out at about 6 inches apart and as I progressed I put them closer and closer until they are just wide enough to get a ball through.  It's a good drill to practice.

Golfchick, I don't use them to check my swing plane, just alignment and making sure the ball is going where I want it to.

•  

I use them, orange ones from Home Depot. Takes the guesswork out of alignment. Also make handy head cover holder if you keep them in your bag during your round.

• 295 points

All the golf stores try to sell them for $15. Buy them at a hardware store for $2 each. Same things