A Stricking Resemblance

A Stricking Resemblance

•  

I watched the Northern Trust Open this weekend while working on my new skort designs. It's one thing to be snowed in. It's another to be snowed in and not be able to watch golf. So I was greatly relieved to see the weather clear up in the City of Angels.

There were a couple nervous moments for Steve Stricker, but he held off his opponents with a solid win. Many will be writing about how Mr. Stricker is now Numero Dos in the Official World Golf Rankings—bumping Mr. Mickelson off this slot. But I think his win is much more significant: It is a sign of a great golfing year ahead, for yours truly.

I was amazed at how many similarities there are between me and Mr. Stricker.

• He's from Madison, Wisconsin. I went to school at the University of Wisconsin.
    • He practices in a heated trailer. I practice in a semi-heated shed.
    • Mr. Stricker is peaking a little later in his career. I started golf a little "later" in life. (BTW, when did 43 become old, Mr. Miller?)
    • He went to a Laker's Game and was only recognized by one person. I could go to a Laker's game and not be recognized by anyone.
    • He has a strong short game. Last year I had a strong short game to make up for my lack of iron play.
    • Mr. Stricker has a pink golf shirt. I have a pink golf dress (or two).
    • His has a Midwestern accent. Mine kicks in as soon as I land at MSP.
    • He shed a few tears after the win. I don't know if I would scream or cry. Okay, I would scream, and then cry.
    • Mr. Sticker has flown under the radar while building a solid game. The radar can't even pick up my signal.

So you see, there is hope for me this year—even if I have to spend three months five months in a shed.

•  

Great post RWG. THink you need ot get him on your site for a Q&A.

•  

...HE WON A MILLIOM BUCKS ;

YOU WROTE A NEAT POST.

THANX

•  

It was a great win and moves him to a nice spot in the WGR... Phil needs to get his game together, I know it's early but I've already been expecting more from him since TW is MIA.

• 3195 points

Stricker had me worried for a few moments there too, but he managed to hold it together.  Hey, RWG; thats cool that you went to the UW. 

I live in Madison and its a great town.  I cant really imagine wanting to live in any other city because Madison offers it all while still holding onto a small town atmosphere.

Anywho, great win for Stricker and hopefully this is the start of a huge season for him.

•  

Come On -  It's just twenty days to spring -  now if only the snow would melt an inch a day we might see green when spring gets here (and more snow called for tomorrow).

You know you've had enough winter when you see this ...

•  

RWG

Look, you both have on Pink shirts! Amazing....

•  

Stricker played well.  It was nice to see luke donald up their too.

Caddie13

•  

Wow, pink shirts and similar  winter workout  places. Maybe you can get Steve to help with the game.

The guy is one heck of an athlete and family man. I hope that he can continue to achieve those wins and maybe get to numero uno. It is possible with the way Phil is playing.

• 1320 points

Stevie's the man... I resemble one. Except when I play golf, of course...

•  

Annnd you're both blondes! Great post.

•  

Great Post RWG. Did either of you see your shadow the other day or is it still 6 more weeks(or more) until Golf Season?

•  

Hoke - Thats SO sick... LOVE IT!!!

RWG - Great post

• 2989 points

This is exaclty why i love this place..... REAL people having fun and i think it is great.    There was alot of thought put into this,  NICE POST

•  

I'm thinking more like Ted Striker