replacement golf spikes

replacement golf spikes

•  

I know that FJ uses SoftSpikes and I have just replaced mine with some Black Widow Tours in anticipation of the golf season and was wondering what everyone thought about spikes in general.  Is everyone a SoftSpikes person or are their some Champ Spikes fans (or others for that matter).

• 1525 points

I like the soft spikes better. To me I get a better feel and traction. The only thing I do  not like is if they get mud in the screw in grooves, pain to remove old spikes.

•  

Big fans of the Champs stinger. I like the way they hold up and give great grip. I have never played with metal spikes, but have been told the stinger is as close as you can get.

Believe that is why the FJ Icons come with them.

Shaun

•  

I TRIED THE STINGER SPIKES AND I DEFINATELY PREFER THE SOFT SPIKES. THE STINGERS WERE LIKE WALKING AROUND WITH THE OLD FASHIONED FOOTBALL CLEATS (I'M TALKING FULL METAL).

I TOOK THEM OFF AFTER WALKING ONE ROUND AND WENT BACK TO THE SOFT SPIKES

•  

I have both SoftSpikes and Champs. You guys will probably give me a hard time for this, but I do have some Champs spikes that I put on specific shoes just because of the color. I did it first with my pink and white eComforts -- Champs has a black/white/pink spike that looks fabulous on 'em. And they also have a black/gold/white spike that I use on my black and white eComforts to support my Missouri Tigers!  (I know, I'm such a girl!)

• 1525 points

golfchick,  I need some of those Mizzou Colors!!!!!  Where did you find them at?

•  

As soon as I can find Stinger spikes by Champ for my Classics, I'll switch to them exclusively. because they are as good as the older metal and wear better than Black Widow and Soft Spikes. There is no worry about walking on hard surfaces and ruining those others as I have done in the past. I still have some metal spikes for both pairs of my FJs. but only use them on one course because of the hilly terrain and only when  it is wet. This course allows them all the time, but I definitely prefer the Stinger overall.

•  

I like the Champ spikes and the Black Widow spikes..

•  

fyrcaptain33

golfchick,  I need some of those Mizzou Colors!!!!!  Where did you find them at?

It's the Champ Stinger -- black and gold. I got them when the Duramed FUTURES Tour was in town. My company managed the event, and Champ brings its "spike wagon" into the locker room. Several color options in both kinds of screw types. I'm sure you can find them in golf stores or on the Champ Spikes website!

•  

I just threw some Black Widow Tours on my DryJoys with the backswing support design, I'll let you know what I think once this snow melts...

•  

I would play in track spikes if I could play right now... but I do prefer Champs when it's golf season.

•  

With all of the Mizzou fans out there, I need to find some Crimson and Blue to go with my shoes. Any idea where I could come up with some since I don't have access to the Champ Spike Wagon. I have a feeling that's going to be a tough combination to find. I may have to get a pair of the new FJ Sports in Blue and put Red Spikes on them 

•  

Sorry, jlawton, haven't seen any crimson and blue -- I like your idea of red spikes on the new FJ Sport -- I love the look of those shoes!