Where are the Ambassadors?

Where are the Ambassadors?

•  

Eric

I guess you are right, Mass. has the most right now. There are a couple guys in my office here in Michigan that are participating, but they're far from Ambassador status right now.

•  

"I'm sitting in our golf shop wating for frost the go away and warm up a little bit -  currently about 30 degrees."

At least you get the option Hokies. I'm sitting in my office at home, staring out the window at 10 inches of snow.... Forecast here is "Zero chance for golf today!"

• 3195 points

Go Hokies

I do agree the Golf Junkies do hang-out here -  but the better the weather/climate the less time to go on-line -  would rather be playing.  Just like today -  I'm sitting in our golf shop wating for frost the go away and warm up a little bit -  currently about 30 degrees.

GO HOKIES

Not me, Im on various golf forums all year round and I still manage to practice all year round.  I practice chipping and putting on the living room carpet and theres a heated driving range that I go to once a week.  Im not going to let a little thing like winter get in my way of progressing in my golf game.

• 3195 points

eagle3

I don't think anyone cares about revealing their state of residence Chris. In fact, it shows where we  all come from,  and most seem to be in the East part of the US. Not too many from the Midwest, but those demographics could change next year. We midwesterners will keep our fingers crossed and hope we get better representation next year.

I intend to be this forum's 2nd FJ Ambassador from Wisconsin, so the midwest will definetly have a little more representation next year.

•  

TitleistWI

eagle3

I don't think anyone cares about revealing their state of residence Chris. In fact, it shows where we  all come from,  and most seem to be in the East part of the US. Not too many from the Midwest, but those demographics could change next year. We midwesterners will keep our fingers crossed and hope we get better representation next year.

I intend to be this forum's 2nd FJ Ambassador from Wisconsin, so the midwest will definetly have a little more representation next year.

You keep it up and you'll get there. It just takes a little time.

•  

Tar Heel

At least you get the option Hokies. I'm sitting in my office at home, staring out the window at 10 inches of snow.... Forecast here is "Zero chance for golf today!"

Well- the option is nice -  today -  ice so I'm in your "Blue Boat" -  Hang-In there Tar Heel

GO HOKIES

•  

Had a beautiful walk of 18 holes this morning. Enjoyed the company and the day.  Family pictures this afternoon.  mid 50's here in Tulsa,OK today.

I enjoy the different points of view here and in the same way, the love of golf .

•  

Very much a golf junkie website...I've started recruiting a few more perspective community members so hopefully they will catch on and become Ambassadors to put us Michigan Ambassadors back in the lead.

I'd like to see some sort of get together that would involve golf for the community.  It would have to be something planned way in advance so everyone could make arrangements, but I wonder the reception level of the community???

Thoughts...

•  

TitleistWI

eagle3

Keep it going TitleistWI, you will get there in no time.

•  

I like the thought of an ambassadors cup.  That would be fun if we could have a good turn out.  Until then, I am stuck in 20 degree weather, 12" of snow and icey streets.  I slid 12 feet this morning when stopping at a light.  Luckily I gave myself plenty of time to stop but it's not fun weather by any stretch of the imagination.

•  

Eric, I don't know if you have ever tried this before, but when you are on icy streets and coming to a stop, put the car in neutral and coast to the stop using light brake pedal pressure. You'll cut sliding down to a bare minimum and be able to control any slide if there is one. Learned this a long time ago from a teacher that taught Drivers Ed. He said that it works and I have taught all my children, wife and grandchildren this manuever. So far no accidents on slippery roads in this family.

•  

Thoughts...

Mondo and all. First, thanks for all the great (as usual) insights. I appreciate it.

As for the CUP, man would that be awesome. If we could lay it out in advance so a good cross section (all of us) of folks we could have an awesome time. I know I would be "All In" if we could put it together. Just think of the pictures on the FJ web site after that event!

• 3195 points

I use that technique too and it works because it allows you to use lighter brake pressure because you arent fighting the engine and transmission's natural tendency to want to keep pulling.

Just dont do that if you are taking a driving test because you will fail the test if you do.  A driver's licence test requires that the car be under power at all times and putting it in neutral breaks that rule.  Chances are you wont be taking your driver's licence test shortly after an ice storm though...

•  

all my years of driving on ice here in michigan, didn't know about the neutral thing...thanks eagle.

and yes Tar Heel, I believe an Ambassador Cup would be great and i know i would do everything to make sure I was in...

•  

TitleistWI

Just dont do that if you are taking a driving test because you will fail the test if you do.  A driver's licence test requires that the car be under power at all times and putting it in neutral breaks that rule. 

I can't agree with this statement. A manual transmission car is always put in neutral when you come to a stop. I have always owned manual transmission cars and both my wife and I took our drivers test in them. If this were true then neither one of us would have a license!