Holiday Gifts

Holiday Gifts

•  

Not sure about all of you, but I tend to live by the “one for you, one for me” gift giving mantra. My gift TY was a SC putter that is currently at the custom shop being dressed up, what have you all purchased yourselves this holiday season?

•  

Nothing as yet. Will wait to see if I get anything from the family. Well, maye the fact that my wifesaid I can join the golf course where we camp. We're there just about every other week and most of the guys there are retired like me. they also go south and most go to Texas, although not where we are. That makes for some good friends and great golf with everyone achieving roughly the same scores.

•  

Shaun! I think I might be as happy as you to see that Newport come back from the SC Custom Shop!

Whiel I haven't done the "one for me" deal yet, my Mom made me pick something out of the TGW catalog for my upcoming birthday. After all these years, she has me pretty figured out...

So I selected a pair of FJ DryJoys (White with Red trim) to put in play for '10. I have to replace a couple pairs of  "inferior competitors products" now that I am an Ambassador here, bag tag and all. How would it look if I didn't walk the walk, right? So I'll get these in a couple weeks.

Then my wife has said I can get a pair of Icons for a combo birthday- X-Mas present after the first of the year.... Lucky me!!!!!!

•  

My wife and her mother are refunding me the cost of my last pair of ICONs - (my mother in law can wrap the box).

For the friends I play with I normally do something centered around a photo(s) that they are in.

This friend made a Hole-In-One -  playing in tennis shoes -  (he didn't plan on playing that day).

The sad thing is he has about 15 pair of FootJoys - mostly Classic Tours, but he is almost ready to

order a couple of pair of ICONs.  Might even be HOKIE colors.

•  

I will send one of my back up gamers in to have it redone at SC. But that will be in the spring. Unless I buy irons, that will be my present to myself this year.

•  

I haven't even thought about Christmas yet.  I usually get my shopping done around the 23rd LOL.  I don't buy my own stuff yet, that's what parents are for!

•  

This year I didn't ask for any gifts though, I asked for donations made in my name to St. Judes Children's Research  Hospital.  Hopefully we can get a nice chunk of change going their way. 

• 163 points

I'm thinking a nice pair of custom MyJoys would be a great gift.

•  

I'm going with some tournament wear, I hit up the IJP site and ordered some coresponding icons.

•  

Eric... Seriously?

I have to tell you, this is really great, and I thank you for this humbling, selfless gift. I hope that your friends and family can make this wish a reality, and some positive cash goes to St Jude.

Congratulations.

•  

No doubt!  Everyone that gets me gifts are in.  Told my parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles etc. to take the value (or whatever they are comfortable with) of the gift they would have bought me and donate it.  Hopefully we can make someones life easier.

• 3195 points

I wont be making any major golf purchases until after the holidays.  I did score a nice Titleist DCI 962 2-iron for cheap on Ebay last week: $20.

After the holidays Im planning on buying a Hockeystick Putter in Wisconsin Badgers colors and I might buy a 56* Vokey, but other than that Im pretty well set of golf stuff.

I am also kicking around the idea of buying a different bag.  Im not all that happy with my Mizuno Renegade bag.  I used to have a Titleist x86 stand bag but I sold it in order to buy the Mizuno bag and Im REALLY kicking myself for selling the Titleist bag.  It was 10x the bag the Mizuno is.

•  

Eric,

I'm in for a $100. Send me or post your address so I can send you their card. (you can even put it up on your tree) MERRY CHRISTMAS

•  

Eric, what an amazing gesture...how old are you again...way too wise for your years.

•  

I don't know about wise... I've got a lot to learn. 

I have been giving to St. Jude's since I got my first job when I was 16.  It's an amazing place, it changes your life if you ever go and visit the kids.  They are very deserving and remarkable people.