Bonus Golf!

Bonus Golf!

•  

Wow, what a spectacular weekend here in SW Michigan. This is the best November we've had in at least 5 years now, and frankly, it was warmer today than most weekends in October. We got a group out today to play at my club and you could play all day for $25, there were $1.00 drinks and hot dogs, and since it's the end of the year they were selling the pro shop literally for 50% off everything. I ended up playing golf, havingh lunch, and getting 2 dozen Titleists for under $60.

It actually reminded me of a great North Carolina fall day, so I felt like i was back home. What a great day!

I hope each of you had similarly nice weather and got to enjoy a lovely fall weekend.

•  

absolutly beautiful here in jackson,mi as well, played in short sleeves and all.  saw one guy in shorts and golf sandals.  the leaves weren't too bad, only lost 2 to the leaves.  november golf in michigan is always a bonus.

•  

We had an equally fine weekend in Southern New Hampshire. The only downer was that I couldn't play today (Sunday) as we took our 8th grade daughter to a high school open house.

Yesterday, we played one of those fun year-end tournaments - a 4-person scramble. Each team started with 10% of their total handicap under par. Our handicaps added up to 19 so we started at 1.9 under par. We managed 13-under on the course, so ended up 14.9 under par, 3 tenths of a stroke behind the winners.

Just hope I can get back out once or twice more before the snow covers everything up!

Here's a picture I took with my BlackBerry last week - beautiful colors, and that ball 6 feet from the hole is mine - made the birdie!

•  

Had a great day over hear on the eastern part of Michigan as well Tar Heel.

Sun, golf and lots of fun. 

Put together a pretty good day in winning 2 big skins in a 20 man game ---

Hoping to play at least once or twice more as long as the weather holds out.

•  

Glad to hear there was some good weather up there. By now, weather is usually lousy. Hope it keeps up for a while.

•  

Forgot -  Had a picture of the early morning - with sprinkers going to get frost off.  Hope You Enjoy.

Southwest Virginia also got one of those great weekends, although we got frost both mornings.

We are a little lucker than you are - we stay open year round - so no real deals in the shop.

Both days ended up near 70 -  more like a September day.  Next weekend we are currently looking at low 60's, partly cloudy.

GO HOKIES

•  

Good to hear Tar Heel.  I couldn't have asked for better weather yesterday in Memphis.   Sunny and 75 degrees.  Perfect golf weather.  I did rake 35 bags of leaves afterwards, but I didn't mind after such a great morning of golf.

•  

I was in beautiful weather watching my daughter in a soccer tourney in Overland Park, KS. Still enjoyed the weekend with no golf.

•  

MyFeetAreHappy

We had an equally fine weekend in Southern New Hampshire. The only downer was that I couldn't play today (Sunday) as we took our 8th grade daughter to a high school open house.

Yesterday, we played one of those fun year-end tournaments - a 4-person scramble. Each team started with 10% of their total handicap under par. Our handicaps added up to 19 so we started at 1.9 under par. We managed 13-under on the course, so ended up 14.9 under par, 3 tenths of a stroke behind the winners.

Just hope I can get back out once or twice more before the snow covers everything up!

Here's a picture I took with my BlackBerry last week - beautiful colors, and that ball 6 feet from the hole is mine - made the birdie!

MFAH,

Where were you playing? This isn't Breakfast Hill, is it? My wife's family is from Hampton, NH so we're in southern NH quite a bit. Yesterday was a spectacular day, glad you got out to enjoy it.

•  

Hi Chris,

That is #3 at Atkinson Country Club in Atkinson, NH, home of the new Willowcreek Golf Academy - awesome all-season golf facility.

•  

We had an equally nice weekend.  Golfed Friday and Saturday morning then watched NE beat OU!  GO BIG RED! 

Weather was about 72 high both days with little wind.  I got in some holes but mostly practiced on my putting and a little driver work.  It's sad, but we had to wait until November for nice weather!  I hope winter stays away until Christmas.

•  

in richmond va it is great to play in november it is in the low 60s or 70s i am also playing today  

•  

Weather was amazing in Wisconsin also (71 saturday and 65 sunday) but did not get out as the wife got me and was working int he yard all weekend. looks like high 50's to low 60's all week though, so will be haveing a couple of off-site "meetings" during the week for sure! : )

we are having a nicer Nov than Oct, crazy!

•  

Guys, all the snaps from the courses in Virginia and New Hampshire are really special. Thanks so much for including them.

I just checked the long range here and it says upper 50's through the weekend and no rain! I already put in a claim to the wife that if it's that nice this weekend, I'm playing!

•  

It's been nice for about a week and a half here in Nebraska.  Sunny, no wind and anywhere from 65-70 every day.  I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS IS NOVEMBER IN NEBRASKA! 

Too bad I have 4 tests in 4 days this week... GIVE ME A BREAK!