Weekend without Golf...

Weekend without Golf...

•  

Sadly this was the first weekend without golf since April. And Sunday was actually great outside, but I had a mountain of leaves to rake. Oh the shame of it all!

And as I look to the weather report, I may have to drive to Indianapolis in order to get a round in this weekend. This time of year is so depressing...

•  

Weather here was very nice for a change.  Saturday and Sunday I was able to go golfing.  Upwards of 75 on Sunday too!  It was great. 

Sorry you had to rake. =)

•  

I have a yard full of leaves that I looked at on Sunday morning as I drove off to play golf.   It's been raining alot here lately, so I told my wife that the leaves were too wet to rake.  It was sunny and 70 while I was playing golf...awesome weather.

•  

Ya it rained here all week so i did not play either but i played tennis in the rain. i find it pretty fun sorry tar heel bout this weekend and im sorry you like UNC haha

•  

So what's a few leaves -  I let the wind blow them away and played in 50 degrees with 15-20 wind on Saturday.  Sunday leaves were basically at the neighbors.  Sunday was still 45 to 50 but no wind.

You got to make choices when there is golf to be played.

Next weekend calling for colder and maybe rain.  So we can watch the leaves in the neighbors yard.

•  

Yeah... and you don't have to worry about the snow season my friend.

Last year I played golf on Halloween and said I'd get to my yard at the next weekend. We got 7 inches of snow on November 3rd.... No more yard work in 2008.

So my wife tossed me into the yard to do leaves...

•  

I missed a beautiful weekend in the 70's for a soccer tourney. Gotta love the kids.

•  

Funny... lots of common ground here. The leaves haven't finished falling up here in New England either. Bought a backpack blower and did some blowing, but not until AFTER golf!!!

Weather's still pretty nice... good enough for 2nd straight Sunday 74! Some of my best golf so close to shut-down!

•  

I seriously feel for you guys. Played Sat. Sun. and today. Temps. are running in the low 80s and middle 50s at night. No rain in sight for the remainder of the week. Forecast for the week is in the 80s, at least until Sat.

•  

I opted to ignore the leaves and sneak in a round Sunday -- it was in the 50"s so a mock FJ shirt was in the wardrobe.

Had a great day, now I need to get out and pick up the leaves this week before all of the rain.

•  

played sunday, temp in the 50's mostly sunny, actually pretty pleasant. only lost 2 balls to the leave and shot well for me.  29 putts on the day  16 f  13 b.  i think the leaves helped my putting.  it might just be the only time that the rules allow you to indicate your intended line of your putt, because you can remove leaves that are in your way. 

•  

I've missed a lot of weekends lately...we just had our first kid (baby boy) and now the balancing act begins. Maybe I'll start a thread on advice for new dads and how to negotiate with the better half around the important role golf plays in keeping us sane.  :)

•  

md, congratulations on the boy, if you're serious about the advice

let me be the first.

kids don't come with a set of instructions so start him off with putting.

•  

I'll be in Kansas City this weekend to watch a Soccer tourney the daughter is playing in. Weather is supposed to be beautiful. So another  weekend missed for golfing.

•  

Have not played in a little over a week due to work and travel.  Looking good for this upcoming weekend here in Milwaukee. high 50's and sunny. Can't get a round in Saturday, but Sunday is looking like it may work.

Wish me luck, need to start dodging the wife now if it is going to happen!