Bout to but a new 3W any recomendations?

Bout to but a new 3W any recomendations?

•  

I have the Callaway X Fairway woods with the uniflex steel shafts that match my irons.  Love em

•  

eagle3

Give them all a try. Most courses have some brands  of trial woods and irons that you can test. I did before I bought my driver and one of my former playing buddies did before he bought his iron set. And what md7716 suggested are also good products. It all comes down to what you like best.

As to a 3W, I use an Adams Tight Lies 3W and it does the job for me

•  

anyway have info on the 906F4, just picked it up on ebay for a song and since I haven't hit it don't know much about it...

it has the Aldila NV shaft...

any help out there would be appreciated.

•  

I have the 906F4 and absolutely love it.  I tried the 909 and it wasn't any better so I stuck with what I have.  It's a really forgiving club as well, if you are a little off center, you still get good distance. 

I do not like the Aldila NV shaft because the flex they say it is isn't right.  I think it plays softer than what it reads, i.e. if you bought a stiff, it will most likely register as a regular flex if tested.  I would look into getting fit for a new shaft. 

The club head is fantastic though, you won't be disappointed.

•  

thanks Eric...waiting for it to arrive as I type...should have it in the next day or so.

will let you know how it performs once I get it.

•  

waiting for the UPS guy anxiously right now as I have already tracked the package and it is being delivered to my office today...guess I can't leave work early yet...

•  

LOL, my work would have a fit if I started having golf stuff delivered here.  Plus, if you have it delivered home you can leave early and say you have a meeting!

•  

How's this...the mailing label was incorrect and now I have to wait till Friday and go physically to FedEx and pick it up...what a mistake having it sent to work...won't be doing that anymore.

•  

That's a pain Mondo.  Sorry to hear that... hope the club works well for you though!

•  

Didn't work out, already sent it back -- had wrong shaft than was advertised (came with Graphite Design YS-6 and NOT the Aldila NV that I expected.

Found a Ping G-15 3-wood yesterday and will be giving this one a try when I have a chance.

•  

Hmm, that's a pretty big blunder.  Good luck with the G-15.

•  

thanks Eric, worst case scenario I leave my bag alone and stick with what has been successful for me -- Driver / 2 and 3 hybrid / irons / 4 wedges...

•  

thanks Eric, worst case scenario I leave my bag alone and stick with what has been successful for me -- Driver / 2 and 3 hybrid / irons / 4 wedges...

•  

Is your 2 hybrid close to a 5-wood?  Usually hybrid clubs fly a little further than the irons for most players.  Hard to hit a 2/3 iron flush everytime. 

What shaft is in the G15?

•  

If the club is new, I would take the cheap price and have a shaft put in it.

The 906 head is awesome.  My pro plays the Ping woods and really likes them.

Good luck with whatever you get.