Why The Delay In Posting Threads On This Site?

Why The Delay In Posting Threads On This Site?

•  

I am not certain how you feel, however one of the great aspects of forums is the immediate back and forth...this site sometimes loses that feel.  Having said though, it seems like the posts are promptly posted but it would be nice to have much quicker post times. 

How do you feel?  Maybe I am alone in this thought...

•  

i spend time on a few other blog sites some have moderation and some don't.  i really don't think moderation is needed here, but on some of the sites that don't have it, things sometimes get out of hand.  like i said, i don't think it is needed here as we all seem to be adult about our comments. 

chris, maybe a chat feature could help for a little one on one at times

•  

Currently, the way the forum is working, I believe they have moderators that have to approve what you say.  They do this for a number of reasons including legal.  They could get in hot water if they allow a post that they do not have "rights" to (I.E. they can't post a WITB for certain players).

Maybe it is a BETA thing, but I do know what you are saying.  Updates seem to happen from 8am to 5pm PST (since the hub is in the East) and that is the guys work hours. 

Is there a way to have posts automatically approved by the system but have "key words" that kick out a post to be checked by a moderator if it could pose a problem?

Overall, the purpose behind the moderator is great but would the way around all that be just editing your post?  I'm under the impression that, if I post something then go back and edit it, it is updated immediately and you can say anything you want without it having to be re-approved.  (I may be wrong on this, but that is how it seems to be working, please correct me if I am wrong).

•  

Have your eye on someone beej? Looking for a little alone time... LOL, just kidding.   =)

•  

EMKelly0106

Currently, the way the forum is working, I believe they have moderators that have to approve what you say.  They do this for a number of reasons including legal.  They could get in hot water if they allow a post that they do not have "rights" to (I.E. they can't post a WITB for certain players).

Maybe it is a BETA thing, but I do know what you are saying.  Updates seem to happen from 8am to 5pm PST (since the hub is in the East) and that is the guys work hours. 

Is there a way to have posts automatically approved by the system but have "key words" that kick out a post to be checked by a moderator if it could pose a problem?

Overall, the purpose behind the moderator is great but would the way around all that be just editing your post?  I'm under the impression that, if I post something then go back and edit it, it is updated immediately and you can say anything you want without it having to be re-approved.  (I may be wrong on this, but that is how it seems to be working, please correct me if I am wrong).

Kelly, As a response to this, if you are still a member( if I remember correctly) of PGA Tour Partners Club, just look at their forum. They evidently do not have moderators and some of the stuff they have in there is fairly raw. I certainly don't mind the delay and would rather have that than have some of the junk that goes thru the other forum.  

•  

Currently all of the posts are checked and approved by the Staff @ FootJoy. I don't mind the delay, and I think it helps protect FootJoy. I would rather have the delay and the Community than no delay ans a risk of losing the Community.

Just my $.02.

•  

I think a moderator is necessary. PGA Tour Partners forum is a joke, they are supposed to have moderators, but I don't think anyone from the club looks at the forum. Also other forums have moderators, but they check threads after they are posted. I think the moderators here are doing a fine job and should keep up the good work.

•  

I'm fine with the moderation.  Sometimes it seems like it may take quite some time to get our posts posted, but for the sanctity of the site, I don't mind the wait.

•  

I'm ok with the moderation, but here's an idea - why not allow instant posting once you've reached a certain point/ambassador level?  At that point, it should be more than obvious that you have something valid to add to the conversation, and can be appropriate about it.  Just a thought...

•  

I think that the forum w/ moderation is a great idea. Being a fantasy sport player as well, I can tell you that sometimes things get out of hand. The way you type something is not always the way it comes across. This leeds to bad feelings,and sometimes anger.I personally don't mind the extra wait.

•  

May have more to do with it being a BETA site, but not sure. Moderation does not bother me though.

•  

The wait doesn't bother me. Some forums get way to out of hand.

But how about some of the Ambassadors helping to check some of the posts to relieve the burden from the FJ staff

•  

I don't mind the moderation, glad to see they want to keep this a productive and informative forum, without moderation you always run the risk of ppl coming into the community and getting out of hand with comments.

•  

OUTIGER

But how about some of the Ambassadors helping to check some of the posts to relieve the burden from the FJ staff

+1 to that.  Maybe send some ambassadors a link of "approvable" material and what isn't to make sure we don't jeopardize the community while trying to help out!

•  

EMKelly0106

OUTIGER

+1 to that.  Maybe send some ambassadors a link of "approvable" material and what isn't to make sure we don't jeopardize the community while trying to help out!

Add me to that idea. Sounds good if the boys at FootJoy will approve of the idea. It would certainly ease the load and might speed up  the entries.