2014 Walnut Creek RMGA Member-Guest

2014 Walnut Creek RMGA Member-Guest

•  

Once again, Freddy Closs invited me to join him for his club's Retired Men's Golf Association's Member-Guest tournament.  The format this year was a bit different:  five two-man, 9-hole matches played as a shamble over three days.  Each hole was worth one point, with two points for the overall match.  31 teams participated in 6 flights.  Freddy and I were the low overall handicap team and played in the first flight.  Weather was not bad for late August in the Dallas area, but it was pretty windy all three days.  We had mixed results in each of our matches, but basically just neither of us made enough putts to win overall.  We finished second in our flight.  

Freddy and I also played in the optional shootout on day 2 of the event.  This was a true alternate shot competition with 11 teams in each of two flights.  Again, we came in second in our flight of the shootout, losing in a chip-off after tying the final hole.

I got into the putting contest final and finished third--something of a consolation for the so-so putting during the entire event.

Here are a few photos just to reinforce our FJ dedication:

Freddy warming up prior to day 2.

Shoes, day 2:  me on the left, Freddy on the right.

Me warming up for day 2.  FJ shirt, shorts, belt, socks, and shoes, with StaCool glove.

Freddy and I ready to play on the final day.  Freddy's wearing DryJoys Tour white with croc saddles and I've got on my spikeless MProjects.  His shorts are periwinkle and mine are blue stripe.  Apologize for the non-FJ white belt, but I've not been able to come up with one yet.

•  

Nice job guys, sounds like a lot of fun. Did Freddy have his air conditioner going? And love the bandolier of gloves. :-)

•  

The "AC" was installed and in use, but Ted wouldn't use it, stating something about "Real Men.....". LOL The StaCool gloves worked great in the heat and humidity, but I have to rotate so they will dry out.

• 1503 points

Great job guys!!!!   Love the outfits and you guys sure seem happy...  And LOVE the TT bags...  I need to get one of those..  Won't ask how but i have a feeling i know the answer.  :)

•  

You guys look sharp. Glad you could get together and play!

•  

Sharp as always there.

• 3067 points

Looking very stylish gentlemen, nothing better than getting together with friends to tee it up.

•  

LOOKING GOOD !!!

PLAYED PRETTY GOOD TOO.

YOU GUYS USUALLY DO,,,NICE GOING.

THANKS FOR THE UPDATE.

•  

There's a couple of good looking guys right there.  Freddy, I hope there wasn't too much "Goat" talk out there.

• 807 points

Great looks guys!! and nice job!!

•  

Looking good gentlemen (and I certainly use that term loosely).  Glad you guys were able to brave the heat and have a great weekend.  Runner up in the first flight is still pretty legit!  

•  

Great photos and outstanding use of the FJ gear.  Ted - you need an FJ belt...

•  
    Looking good guys! Way to represent!
  •  

Looks like you guys had a good time. Thanks for the photos.

•  

ToddL

Great photos and outstanding use of the FJ gear.  Ted - you need an FJ belt...

If only they had one in Chestnut Brown. :-)