My other hobby

My other hobby

•  

Some of you know that in addition to being a golf addict, I'm a Corvette guy.  This weekend one of my Corvettes was invited to be on display in a special exhibit at Corvettes at Carlisle (one of the largest Corvette shows in the world).

If you want to see more of a glimpse into what has really eaten in to my golf budget this year, you can check out my Corvette blog I just recently started.

•  

Do you have a link to your blog?

•  

That's pretty cool to be part of Carlisle, quite the honor. Well done! Post a picture, please.

•  

Dogg

Back in the day I was a partner with the Corvette Museum in Bowling Green. Visited several times (before the floor fell out).

Congratulations.

•  

Tar Heel

Dogg

Back in the day I was a partner with the Corvette Museum in Bowling Green. Visited several times (before the floor fell out).

Congratulations.

I was in Tennessee in 2003 to bowl the ABC Tournament and made a special trip to Bowling Green to visit the Museum and a tour of the assembly plant. Three of the four of us all owned Corvettes at the time, so we were happy to make the side trip. Well worth the effort.

•  

Congratulations on your selection.  I would think that is somewhat an honor for you Corvette guys.  Now this hobby is where you separate the men from the boys........zoom.....zoom.....  :-)

•  

Here's a good one = I was also in Tennessee in 2003 to bowl the ABC - but given up on bowling since then - leaves more time for golf and shoes.

• 2017 points

How is the restoration going on those Vettes that were damaged in the museum?

•  
    Just stopped at the museum in Bowling Green on 30 July during our recent road trip to a family reunion in western NY. Had a good time and was fascinated by the 'Vettes recovered from the sink hole. When I get home from Freddy's member-guest, I'll post a photo or two.
  •  

Go Hokies

Here's a good one = I was also in Tennessee in 2003 to bowl the ABC - but given up on bowling since then - leaves more time for golf and shoes.

I'm right there with you Bobby. There was a time when nothing mattered but bowling. Then Corvettes, and then bowling again. But once I started golfing, bowling started taking a back seat and before too long it was only golf and no more bowling. Maybe if they hadn't ruined bowling by making the scoring conditions so easy I would still be interested, we'll never know now. All I want to do now is shoot more rounds in the 60's!  :-)

• 5487 points

Which model year Corvette had the fastback split rear windows? That is my wife's dream 'Vette...I still cannot believe how much sports car you get for the money when looking at Corvettes against other, similarly powered sports cars...Of course, not telling you enthusiasts anything you don't already know!

•  

pistolpete

Which model year Corvette had the fastback split rear windows? That is my wife's dream 'Vette...I still cannot believe how much sports car you get for the money when looking at Corvettes against other, similarly powered sports cars...Of course, not telling you enthusiasts anything you don't already know!

Pete, 1963 was the only year with the split window. That would be a great present to give your to wife. :-)

• 5487 points

golferdrmjr
    pistolpete

Pete, 1963 was the only year with the split window. That would be a great present to give your to wife. :-)

She might even look the other way when I buy another and another and another pair of FJ's finest footwear!! Of course, I may not be able to afford many shoes with what I will bet is a small ransom to acquire a '63 'Vette...!!!

•  

Vette's are sweet looking sportscars, but I have alway loved the ponys....had a 1969 lime green 351 fastback, that my first wife strongly suggested we trade for a Ford Galaxie 500 family car......lost my pony and first wife.......wish I had my 69 pony back.....the new 2014 Mustang Shelby Cobra 1000 is on the top of my list if i were to hit the lottery....dark grey with black wheels.....vaaaaaaaarooooooooom....even has room for my travel bag in the trunk...........

• 2022 points

Ya I am a big Corvette fan and can't wait until I can put my order in to get one.  Fell in love with the 2005 model and newer when they decided to put some muscle back under the hood!!!